News:

Both female (F-F) and mixed (F-M) wrestling related material is welcomed.

Main Menu

Why Hosting Your Content On Mega Is Best

Started by sharetrader, 03-Feb-14, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharetrader

Personally, I can never understand why anyone would want to host their combat content on any other hosting service except for MEGA and do you know why, its because they are lightning fast day and night and are easy to use. They also offer a massive 50 gig of server space for FREE when you create a NEW account with them, and that is allot of FREE server space.

But the most important aspect to using another service except for MEGA is, that most other hosting services out there will delete your files from their server after a period 90 days if the media become inactive, and MEGA will not ever do that.

Therefore members, with this amount of positive evidence put forward to suggest that we all should be using MEGA for hosting all our Scissor Queen movies, why the hell would you want to host your files anywhere else on planet earth. 8)

Create yourself an account today and start posting content dudes :D

Link: https://mega.co.nz

Use Mega Or I Will Have To Come Round And Knock You The Fuck Out!
  •  

Ronald_Frump

50 GB doesn't last long when you upload as much as I do, so for small > 400 MB files, I use mirrorcreator, which includes fast no-captcha hosts such as solidfiles and gamefront.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

RBAP

Is there a way to see a download count for your files in Mega?
  •  

sharetrader

The option to have files counted is not something Mega has included however, they are updating their system all the time and so, I am sure that one day soon that option should be available.
  •  

sharetrader

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 03-Feb-14, 05:51 PM
50 GB doesn't last long when you upload as much as I do, so for small > 400 MB files, I use mirrorcreator, which includes fast no-captcha hosts such as solidfiles and gamefront.

Stewie, I have no problem with your multi download malarkie, as long as you don't forget to include Zippy Share, because they are equally as good as Mega but with less space.

Plus, I just had to repost this image which you featured, it really did make me laugh out load LOL!!!
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: sharetrader on 04-Feb-14, 08:37 AM

Stewie, I have no problem with your multi download malarkie, as long as you don't forget to include Zippy Share, because they are equally as good as Mega but with less space.

Plus, I just had to repost this image which you featured, it really did make me laugh out load LOL!!!

Thanks  ;D

The restriction with zippy is 200MB, so anything bigger, I can't include it in my multi-links. If you check my posts, it's always included in sub-200MB uploads.

Mediafire is good, but has a 200MB limit as well. It supports parallel downloads, so splitting files is always an option. Problem is, different global locations can impact on filehost suitability - that's why I always include turbobit in the multi-links, for our Russian friends.

In an ideal world, we'd all have Mega premium accounts, but basically, I'm a tight git. Plus, any filehost can get taken down these days. Kim Dotcom got closed down with the original megaupload, so IMHO, nothing is safe to spend a year's subscription on - remember Oron, Fileserve, Filesonic, Wupload, Hotfile, Hugefiles etc. etc?
  •  

sharetrader

My first ever internet connected computer was an IBM PS2 ( See Pic Above ), that had only 4mb ram and a 250mb hard drive, ( YES THATS MB NOT GIG ) I did have a Sinclair ZX 81, and C64 before that, but they could not connect to the net. I remember writing a Space Invader game in basic on the ZX 81, which worked very well, but had some serious limitations regarding speed, in that the more invaders on screen, the slower the game become.

I can remember way back when I first connected to the internet in 1994, it was with a 14.4 modem, through an ISP called Compuserve, who supplied me with a floppy disk to make the connection, and cost me £6.99 a month. Back then, you only got 5mb of webspace to upload a simple website, and HTML was strictly a notepad event.

The shear thought of having a 10mb movie file hosted on a server was well an impossible dream. I remember signing up for AOL which at the time, was offering a massive 25mb of web space, which was 20mb more than Compuserve which I decided at the time, would pay host to some combat based eye candy like small animated gifs, that I could embed and feature on a single webpage.

Putting large movies up for download on the net back then was regarded as a distant dream by everyone, and one which I often used to relish. Things were very different back then, with the average upload or download time taking many hours in some cases plus, 9 times out of 10 the frigging modem would reset itself and all file uploading was lost.

I can also remember hosting my very own Bulletin Board, it was on a 486 computer located in my garage with only 8mb of ram ( YES 8mb ). People around the world could login to it, and download a few combat images, and the odd text based story file. However, if I got more than 5 people at a time trying to access the server it would crash, and then reset itself booting everyone off in the process.

THEY WERE THE DAYS LAD!

In order of preference, these are the file hosting services I use most from 1 to 5 ( I have accounts for all )

1 ) Mega
2 ) Media Fire
3 ) Zippy Share
4 ) Rapid Gator
5 ) Rapid Share
  •  

RBAP

I remember moving to the UK in 1993 to do my doctorate. In my first day, during the induction, I got a slip of paper from the university saying: "This is your e-mail address." I looked around and asked: what the hell is e-mail?
We are effing old...
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: RBAP on 05-Feb-14, 02:12 AM

We are effing old...

Speak for yourself, grandad!  ;D

My first computer:

and the joys of playing text-based adventure games........

•  

bostoncrab52

any more of this and i am going to crawl into my roof space and get my old bbc 2 computer out again
  •  

RBAP

•  

Scaramanga

Has anyone ever downloaded something successfully from Mega using Chrome in Incognito mode?
  •  

Ronald_Frump

I'm a firefox man, myself. What is the benefit of this "incognito"?
  •  

Scaramanga

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 12-Mar-14, 05:18 PM

It's the same as your Firefox private browsing mode. No history, so saved fields, no cookies etc. :Pol:
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Scaramanga on 13-Mar-14, 08:12 AM
Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 12-Mar-14, 05:18 PM

It's the same as your Firefox private browsing mode. No history, so saved fields, no cookies etc. :Pol:

Have you tried using an elite proxy and then manually deleting history/cookies before and after?
  •