News:

If you see missing images in posts, we lost about 100k of 'em in 03/2022.

Main Menu

Ronda Rousey: I'd Beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA Bout

Started by Ronald_Frump, 07-Mar-14, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win and how?

Mayweather by KO
Rousey by armbar

Ronald_Frump

Personally, I think she'd murder him  8) ......discuss.

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

jojodancer

On the ground, I have no doubt she'd win, but she'd have to get close enough to get him in a clinch...
I'm afraid Floyd would take this fight in a KO before Rhonda could get her hands on him. The thought makes me cringe.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

She'd probably be shooting in from just outside his punching range and traditionally, boxers can't defend takedowns against grapplers. He'd have to develop excellent TDD. I agree that if he caught her with a combo, it'd be lights-out Ronda.
  •  

iluvwrestlegirls

Mayweather has ONE chance to knock her out, if he fails Rousey breaks him into pieces on the ground.

I say Rousey by armbar in round 1!

Hey Stewie, thought you might be posting this up here... long time no see!
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: iluvwrestlegirls on 08-Mar-14, 12:18 PM
Mayweather has ONE chance to knock her out, if he fails Rousey breaks him into pieces on the ground.

I say Rousey by armbar in round 1!

Hey Stewie, thought you might be posting this up here... long time no see!

^ This.....

.....ttt

Hi iluvwrestlegirls - how you doin' ?  ;D
  •  

jiminy

I still prefer Boxing over MMA as a sport, but under MMA rules, Ronda wins easily. In fact, most MMA girls (Tate, Zingano, McMann, etc) would beat a pure boxer of similar size.

When someone wants to grapple, coming in with their hands up, chin tucked in or crawling up to your legs, it's almost impossible (for someone with no grappling knowledge) to land a damaging blow and prevent being taken down.
  •  

wrespet

rousey all the way. Boxers are not good defending low tackles. He'll be on the ground under rousey in no time. Then it'll be only a nightmare to him.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

I watched former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye being interviewed at UFC Fight Night London, last week. This guy was certainly no slouch, but he said when he's occasionally trained alongside MMA fighters, he's found it virtually impossible to defend the takedown.

So that just confirmed my opinion, as TS.......

Rousey by Liver-bar  8)
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Ronda Rousey vs. Floyd Mayweather; Who Ya Got?

•  

Judge DR3DD

I think an MMA fighter could beat him but not her, simply because her competition is nothing to his
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Mr Businessman on 21-Apr-14, 11:49 AM
I think an MMA fighter could beat him but not her, simply because her competition is nothing to his

In the Octagon, how exactly would he go about beating her? What would be his game plan against her style of attack, or how she might adapt her techniques to coping with a world-class boxer?
  •  

Judge DR3DD

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 21-Apr-14, 12:29 PM
Quote from: Mr Businessman on 21-Apr-14, 11:49 AM

In the Octagon, how exactly would he go about beating her? What would be his game plan against her style of attack, or how she might adapt her techniques to coping with a world-class boxer?

The claim could be made that he's not as versatile but the same goes for her. Her only move is armbar and she hasn't fought worldcalss comp because she isn't in a worldclass weight division (yet). He would just knock her out with punches, he's fought pro since 1996 and fought thousands of rounds, he can snap his punches and the difference between an MMA striker and Boxer is ridiculous.

So if she did need to beat him, she'd need more experience and needs to mix up her style. Floyd isn't a heavy puncher because he fights people that have fought hunderds of rounds as amateurs and professionals so they can take punches. There is no reason why his punches wouldn't completely knock her out.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Mr Businessman on 21-Apr-14, 04:18 PM
The claim could be made that he's not as versatile but the same goes for her. Her only move is armbar and she hasn't fought worldcalss comp because she isn't in a worldclass weight division (yet).

She has many submissions which she hasn't needed to use yet - like nearly finishing Tate with a reverse triangle choke.  Ronda has thrown world class judokas around whilst competing at a higher weight in the Olympics. That is arguably a skill base which crosses over to MMA more effectively than boxing.

He would just knock her out with punches, he's fought pro since 1996 and fought thousands of rounds, he can snap his punches and the difference between an MMA striker and Boxer is ridiculous.

She would not want to stand and trade punches with a world class boxer. That would leave shoot-ins for double leg, single leg and ankle pick takedowns. Mayweather would not be able to adopt his normal stance, or his lead leg would be easy pickings for Ronda. At the recent UFC London show, David Haye was interviewed and he stated that when he trained with MMA guys, he found it virtually impossible to defend the takedown. So knocking her out with punches could prove futile.

So if she did need to beat him, she'd need more experience and needs to mix up her style. Floyd isn't a heavy puncher because he fights people that have fought hunderds of rounds as amateurs and professionals so they can take punches. There is no reason why his punches wouldn't completely knock her out.

I think you meant HE'd need more experience and needs to mix up HIS style - we're talking about a cage match here. UFC 1 taught us how ineffective punches can be, whilst getting grapplefucked.

Rousey - round 1, by whatever she wants  8)

•  

Judge DR3DD

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 21-Apr-14, 04:54 PM
The claim could be made that he's not as versatile but the same goes for her. Her only move is armbar and she hasn't fought worldcalss comp because she isn't in a worldclass weight division (yet).

She has many submissions which she hasn't needed to use yet - like nearly finishing Tate with a reverse triangle choke.  Ronda has thrown world class judokas around whilst competing at a higher weight in the Olympics. That is arguably a skill base which crosses over to MMA more effectively than boxing.

He would just knock her out with punches, he's fought pro since 1996 and fought thousands of rounds, he can snap his punches and the difference between an MMA striker and Boxer is ridiculous.

She would not want to stand and trade punches with a world class boxer. That would leave shoot-ins for double leg, single leg and ankle pick takedowns. Mayweather would not be able to adopt his normal stance, or his lead leg would be easy pickings for Ronda. At the recent UFC London show, David Haye was interviewed and he stated that when he trained with MMA guys, he found it virtually impossible to defend the takedown. So knocking her out with punches could prove futile.

I think you meant HE'd need more experience and needs to mix up HIS style - we're talking about a cage match here. UFC 1 taught us how ineffective punches can be, whilst getting grapplefucked.

Rousey - round 1, by whatever she wants  8)

The problem is that Ronda vs Mayweather tends to fizzle into the generic MMA vs Boxing which is simply not the case here.

An MMA fighter could beat Mayweather but Rousey could not do so as she has no legitimate claim to that yet. David Haye is nowhere near as skilled as Mayweather either, he's a heavyweight in an era of unskilled heavyweights, much of Haye's opposition is bloated and his legitimate threat, Klitschko destroyed him. Being an MMA fighter doesn't give you an auto-win, especially against the P4P no1 fighter in the world. And while saying ''punches are ineffective'' may stand true for one boxer, it doesn't for Mayweather, who is a masterful striker.

When I compare their records, it's almost laughable. I respect Ronda but her opposition is simply not comparable in the slightest. ''Throwing punches is futile'' doesn't mean much considering he's the most technically sound puncher in the world, he throws dozens of feints in a single round against top-tier opposition

The real reason why Ronda comes out with such claims is because she needs the attention. Mayweather, can generate more PPV numbers in one fight than she can her entire career, and that's because he's a big draw for some reason, though I find his style boring
  •  

Judge DR3DD

Renan Barao is an MMA fighter that could beat Mayweather, but when people say the likes of Tate could, I don't really take it seriously.
  •