News:

Guests cannot see the Video section at all - create an account!

Main Menu

Keeping Up With Squeeze Queens!

Started by orange_fizzy, 30-Apr-14, 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orange_fizzy

Howdy Squeeze Dudes 8)

Well, I don't know if you have noticed, but some members have gone totally mad with uploading media contributions to this forum which I am sure we are all very satisfied with however, keeping up with the downloading including storage of this media has called for some desperate measure. Firstly, I have decided to take out a subscription to Deposit Files, simply because the FREE quota given to none subscribers is simply not cutting it with such a high influx of donations pouring in on a daily bases :o

Personally, its worth 9 euro's a month just to ensure I grab all the eye candy but then, where do you store such a vast amount ( Not On Your Computers Hard Drive ), that would be silly, because they have a tendency to go wrong when you least expect it and as such, risk losing all those fine movies. Therefore, alongside my Deposit Files subscription, I have also invested in a 3TB external hard drive, which I just purchase from EBay and it arrived today ( Very Quick Delivery ) ;D

Now, with this combination of lightning fast downloads, my JDownloader, and this extra storage space, I can at least ( Keep Up With Squeeze Queens ), at least for the time being anyway. The money I have spent on these upgrades is but a small percentage compared to what I can save myself on buying all these excellent movies. So my advice to anyone reading this, is do not trust your computers hard drive for archiving all these movies. Get yourself an external hard drive, they are not expensive to be honest, and will save you allot of lost data should things go belly up :-[

Finally, I would just like to thank everyone who are actively donating content to this resource, its a great online forum ;D
Bazinga!
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Just to keep it real..... I've found external HDD's to be more prone to crashing than internal HD's - try dropping one off a coffee table and see for yourself!!! You've got to consider anti-shock technology for HDD's and then there's always cloud storage as well.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

orange_fizzy

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 30-Apr-14, 12:08 PM
Just to keep it real..... I've found external HDD's to be more prone to crashing than internal HD's - try dropping one off a coffee table and see for yourself!!! You've got to consider anti-shock technology for HDD's and then there's always cloud storage as well.

I know what you mean Stewie and as such, have little or no intention of dropping it off my desk. In fact, it sits on my desk towards the back out of the way, and the wires are hidden behind the desk so it should be fine. Plus, I only buy Seagate drives, because they have a very long life and are very reliable. I have a 40gb and a 80gb in my original tower system that I self built about 14 years ago, and both the Seagate drives are still going strong with no bad sectors. I am only making suggestion to this, simply because a good friend of mine lost 1 TB of combat smut candy when his nearly NEW Western Digital hard drive went tits up, he was not a happy bunny. I did suggest to him to backup he movies to an external drive but he was confident it would be fine - He Learned The Hard Way!
Bazinga!
  •  

marsmen

My first external hard drive 250 GB bought in 2004 (Trek Store)
2. external hard drive 500 GB bought in 2006 (Trek Store)
3. external hard drive 500 GB bought in 2007 ((Trek Store)
4. external hard drive 1000 GB bought in 2008 (Iomega) (Movie Station)
5. external hard drive 1500 GB bought in 2008 (Toshiba)
6. external hard drive 1500 GB bought in 2010 (Samsung)
7. external hard drive 3000 GB bought in 2012 (Seagate)
8. external hard drive 4000 GB bought in 2014 (Hitachi)

All functioning properly. Never had any problems with a hard drive.
  •  

spiezer

I also have had very good luck (so far at least) with the external HDs I have purchased.  I also currently use a 3TB drive from Western Digital, but the previous ones I bought still work too. 
At some point, I will be looking at cloud storage so I don't have to keep a physical device at all.
Has anyone looked into cloud storage yet?   
  •  

orange_fizzy

Cloud storage is an option, but its very expensive if your going to take lets say 3TB.

Mega is the best I know for offering secure cloud storage, as their prices are reasonable buddy!

Personally, I like to have my data archived on drives and not in the cloud :P
Bazinga!
  •