News:

No underage material allowed - please keep all posts 18yr+.

Main Menu

*** FORUM RULES ***

Started by Zeus, 17-Oct-12, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeus

•  

Zeus

•  

orange_fizzy

Can you highlight what has been updated?
Bazinga!
  •  

Matey

Multiple rules were revised / updated - therefore it's best everyone re-reads 'em all.

What's been added is: signature rule and rule 4.6.
  •  

orange_fizzy

I have some old video tapes that I intend to capture and then convert through a video capture card in my computer, and the content produced uploaded and made available for all members of this forum over time. Rule 4.6 would stop me from doing this, unless you can confirm that you are happy with video capturing and the final conversion results?
Bazinga!
  •  

Zeus

I thought that was a given you can't share analog media on the internet before digitizing 'em first ;)
Still, specifically added VHS conversions to the exemptions.
  •  

trafficjam

Quote4.6 Only upload video(s) in the original format it was produced (no lower quality re-encodes). Exemptions made for DVD/VHS conversions & custom compilations.

I'm (very) new here and I understand that rules are rules.
But ..... it may be a bit of a problem.
I do a lot of editing to my files and that includes converting to other formats, usually to improve performance, but also to "take care" of some ridiculously oversized files.
Also, there is something we must be aware of. Strangely enough some formats can't be played anymore, believe it or not, by their own players.
Quicktime doesn't play some older mov and mp4 files. Realplayer doesn't support older .rm (h263) video and even won't play some .rmbv files based on RV4. (similar to mp4-h264)
We could always rely on VLC player. Although very old mov wasn't supported for a while (wm2codec) recently wm3 can't be played anymore either.
In my quest to what to post I will make sure that I have the original format, but it seems to me that a file, which maybe hard to get if not posted for obeying this rule, will be a definite loss.

On a personal note; my state of the art PC gave up on me and I'm stuck with an old Pentium 4 - 2,4 Ghz
for the foreseeable future. I simply can't play those extra HD stuff.
Surely I can host those files before encoding, but a lot of my library has already been converted to playable formats.

Well. I do my best and start searching for material not yet posted at this board :)

an other day .............

•  

Zeus

There is few experienced users able to re-encode various formats in excellent quality. We don't want to get swamped by low-quality streaming site rips and/or badly done user conversions.
I understand some formats like older versions of mpeg have quite low compression ratio compared to latest AVC, for example. Still, the way it was produced is the way it should be shared.
You can PM me about exemption for some very rare video produced in an obsolete format, but that is only in exceptional case / not on a regular basis.
Exemptions made for well-done DVD/VHS conversions & custom compilations are stated in the rule.
Welcome to SqueezeQueens  ;)
  •  

Matey

We've received reports of some new members bothering senior forum contributors with requests for videos via Private Messages (PM)  :spank:

If you receive such unsolicited messages and wish us to take action, feel free to let us know. As the no request rule applies, repeated offenders may get removed from the forum.

•  

Zeus

•  

cvd

So what is the requirement for getting access to the "HQ Club"? There's nothing in the rules that says anything about it, and since a lot of what I have to share is HQ, I'm just wondering why there's this arbitrary 'rule' with no explanation pertaining to it's requirement in order to get access to it. Do I need to upload 'x' number of videos in 'z * y' quality? Do I need to donate? What do I have have to do?
  •  

hate1991

Quote from: cvd on 27-Apr-15, 11:31 PM
So what is the requirement for getting access to the "HQ Club"? There's nothing in the rules that says anything about it, and since a lot of what I have to share is HQ, I'm just wondering why there's this arbitrary 'rule' with no explanation pertaining to it's requirement in order to get access to it. Do I need to upload 'x' number of videos in 'z * y' quality? Do I need to donate? What do I have have to do?
http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=1171.0
dont be lazy, give thanks if u like =]
  •  

armbar

Quote4.6 Only upload video(s) in the original format & length it was produced (no lower quality or partial re-encodes). Exemptions made for DVD/VHS conversions & custom compilations.

I have a few videos which had boring 1 minute intros that i cut off. The length of the actual match and quality stay the same. Would those be ok ?
  •  

spankster

Quote from: Zeus on 17-Oct-12, 09:31 AMSQUEEZEQUEENS FORUM RULES

I can't access the rules, all is see is an error occurred want to upload some vids but want to be sure about the rules
  •  

Zeus

Right, that was one of the extra pages up in the top forum menu. It's gone since the forum crash. Thanks for reporting it, forgot about it. I'll try to dig it out from the old database and recreate it over the weekend.
  •