News:

Guests cannot see the Video section at all - create an account!

Main Menu

There's No School Like Old School

Started by Scaramanga, 23-Aug-14, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scaramanga

Hey y'all,

this is a very scientific query into why exactly, despite the seemingly exponential proliferation in female fighting material available in the internet age, nothing holds a candle to the Old School.

This is an open discussion for all us Old Timers, but I'll start with:

• 30+ minute videos.  Nowadays, a mixed wrestling vid is what, 15-20mins?  Back in the Old Days, a video was at least 30 minutes long.  Wassupwidat?  Can't the new guys take a beating?
  • Proper apartment wrestling moves.  There are certain moves which really aesthetically highlight the female participant and her dominance - like a nice frontal headscissors.  These days with Outer Mongolian Fu Fitsu or whatever, all you see is a tangle of arms and legs.  Wassupwidat?
  • A proper ending.  Look, at the end of a proper mixed wrestling vid, the guy must be KO or pretty much close to it.  At least, he has to suffer a great deal of facesitting and has to not look like he really got off on it.
  • It's all about the woman.  Jobbers - we do not fucking care about you.  Some guys seem to pride themselves on being "competitive" when in reality they are nothing but spoilers who only ever achieve the effect of ruining the aesthetic of woman's holds by sticking arms and legs in where they shouldn't be, and still end up losing.  If you're going to lose anyway, lose in a style that makes the woman look good.  To cut a long story short, check out Joan Wise's videos, because that's how it's done.  Aaiight?

C'mon guys, surely there's more stuff to add to this list?  Like, back in the day, the women cared about wrestling, they were steeped in wrestling.  They weren't simply models that closed their thighs reound someone's neck because internet guy paid them to.
  •  

DiabloNYC

Oh, there is a vast variety of styles, match durations, match types, storylines (or lack thereof), female, and males out there currently in the wrestling video world.  It may just be that the difficulty today is sifting through the enormous variety to find the style/producer that you really like.

But also, the market speaks to the producers. Most producers will create videos as sales demand.  The more that sales go in a certain direction, the more that sort of style will be produced.  Also, since fans and customers can so easily reach and communicate with producers and models today, those fans can more readily express their inclinations and possibly influence video production.  For example, maybe more customers have been going for 15-20 minutes instead of 30+ minutes?

But always reach out to producers and models you like and let them / us know exactly what you're looking for.  There's a very good chance they will listen! :)
  •  

Scaramanga

Quote from: DiabloNYC on 23-Aug-14, 08:11 PM
Oh, there is a vast variety of styles, match durations, match types, storylines (or lack thereof), female, and males out there currently in the wrestling video world.  It may just be that the difficulty today is sifting through the enormous variety to find the style/producer that you really like.

But also, the market speaks to the producers. Most producers will create videos as sales demand.  The more that sales go in a certain direction, the more that sort of style will be produced.  Also, since fans and customers can so easily reach and communicate with producers and models today, those fans can more readily express their inclinations and possibly influence video production.  For example, maybe more customers have been going for 15-20 minutes instead of 30+ minutes?

But always reach out to producers and models you like and let them / us know exactly what you're looking for.  There's a very good chance they will listen! :)

Hi DiableNYC,

my post was more tongue-in-cheek that it probably appeared, but thanks for the response anyway.  And you're right, in this age there is more immediate feedback to producers about what sells than ever before.

But looking back on my post, there's one thing I missed: back then, the ladies seemed (and I stress seemed) to be much meaner than they are now, taking what appeared to be a genuine delight in their conquests.

But as I said, this is a light-hearted nostalgia trip, and also if I'm right in thinking you're the Doom Maidens guy, then you're on to a winner anyway because Veve is a gem :D
  •