Regardless of you political affiliation there are several key points everyone can be proud of.
1. The people voiced their frustration with the gridlock both in Washington and at a state level. Incumbents with both parties were swept of of office like last years calendars.
2. Tim Scott has become the first black Senator elected from the South since reconstruction.
3. Mia Love in Utah has become the first black Republican woman to be elected to the U.S. House.
4.Marijuana was legalized in Oregon and D.C
5.Harry Reid is no longer the Senate Majority leader and thus somethings may happen in the senate for the first time in 4 years.
6. Key votes on things such as the keystone pipeline, immigration/amnesty, tax reform, and education will happen.
7. People who take action on big issues like Scott Walker and Cory Booker were reelected handily.
Feel free to add any more takeaways of your own.