News:

If you see missing images in posts, we lost about 100k of 'em in 03/2022.

Main Menu

RapidGator is a rip-off!

Started by Mugwump, 10-Feb-15, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've had to sign up for a few file host premium accounts in the past, simply because there were so many downloads from one source that it would take forever to get them all, and have had decent results with their increased speeds. So naturally I expected RapidShare – a veteran of file hosts – to be just as good. Boy, was I wrong. $13 for one month, and I can barely break 50 kbps for each download.

Do not give them your money!
  •  

gbs1

Quote from: Mugwump on 10-Feb-15, 10:12 PM
I've had to sign up for a few file host premium accounts in the past, simply because there were so many downloads from one source that it would take forever to get them all, and have had decent results with their increased speeds. So naturally I expected RapidShare – a veteran of file hosts – to be just as good. Boy, was I wrong. $13 for one month, and I can barely break 50 kbps for each download.

Do not give them your money!

Thanks for the info mate. btw - Rapidshare and Rapidgator are 2 different filehost. Which one of the 2 are you referring to?

cheers :)
  •  

lou994

QuoteNotice

Dear RapidShare Customers

Kindly note that RapidShare will stop the active service on March 31st, 2015. Extensions of STANDARD PLUS and PREMIUM will be possible until February 28th, 2015.

We strongly recommend all customers to secure their data. After March 31st, 2015 all accounts will no longer be accessible and will be deleted automatically.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us an e-mail to support@rapidshare.com

Thank you for many years of trust.
Your RapidShare Team

Honestly, I didn't even know they were still up and running.  It's been years since the last time I've actually downloaded something from there.
  •