News:

If you see missing images in posts, we lost about 100k of 'em in 03/2022.

Main Menu

Celebrity Wrestler Simulator Coming Along

Started by wrestling_pi, 25-Feb-15, 07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestling_pi

https://mega.co.nz/#!VkQA0ZgI!LevdKsfW0copB1PUAZ2_sJRL_iHOjVZtVOBTMYkXvAU
pass: wrestlingpics

Couple of notes - the installer will install to the program files directory and put a desktop shortcut on. I believe you can also just run it from the program files folder included in the zip, put that anywhere.

Wrestler Management - lets you set the stats of each wrestler, delete them, add new (not tested well).  Be sure to use the "View Photos" button when viewing a wrestler to upload new photos of their legs, butt, etc that show when a move is being applied.

Move Management - only thing available here is move logic.  Each wrestler has a "moveset" which determines what moves they are more likely to apply in a situation.  Scissoring moveset, for example, means the wrestler likes to use scissor holds.  This section lets you edit all of that, from creating new movesets, duplicating and editing the current movesets.  Each moveset shows the positions used by the simulator, once you select one of those, for example "Standing while opponent on back", you see the list of possible moves and the % chance that move will be selected.  You also have Early Match vs Late Match versions for the moveset.  So early match you may not want a wrestler going for her best submission hold, but late match maybe you want the scissoring moveset to use more scissor holds late to finish off the opponent. (Helps with match flow).  This part can be pretty confusing, so I hope that helps.

Simulator management - here you can reset all the records back to zero, erase all the matches I had in there.  For history - you can keep as many matches as you want, but size can become an issue.  The more you keep to, bigger the database and slower everything moves.
  •  

trouler

EDIT: Solved it by fixing compability in windows.

Some bug reports. When adding new wrestlers, the program crashes after pressing the "open"-button. When it doesn't crash, newly added photos doesn't show. Some stability issues: program crashes upon launch after a while and has to be uninstalled and reinstalled before it will open again.
  •  

wrestling_pi

Ahh Windows Compatability issues, yeah I didn't really get to try this on too many different types of machines.

I'll be looking at how well "Adding" new wrestlers go after deleting previous ones.
  •  

cvd

I didn't have any issues with deleting/adding wrestlers. The one issue I did have was when I tried to remove a move. I can't remember which category it was in, but the total percentage points was at 106% instead of 100% and after I clicked 'delete move' the program crashed and every attempt to open it afterwards resulted in another immediate crash.

Other than that, I've been loving it so far, great job. ;D
  •  

wrestling_pi

Okay - I'll check into the removing a move from a moveset, that might be causing an issue.
  •  

trouler

I found something that isn't a bug, but it still annoys me. The fighters' records spoils the ending of the fight. Could it be possible to hide the records from the match view?
  •  

wrestling_pi

Quote from: trouler on 28-Apr-15, 03:06 PM
I found something that isn't a bug, but it still annoys me. The fighters' records spoils the ending of the fight. Could it be possible to hide the records from the match view?

haha, I noticed that as well, and I've caught myself looking to know the results before hand, I will have to fix that.  I did have a setup in an older testing version that didn't show the result until after you watched the match.  I might have to do that again and tie the record display to the end of watching the match.  Only problem would be - what if you don't watch the match ever?
  •  

trouler

I must say that your game is absolutely amazing. I am afraid that I will come off as a nagger only while providing feedback, that is not my intention. The amount of work you have done so far is greatly appreciated. I would pay money for this game, and as a matter of fact, if you ever start a crowd founding or paypal donate option, I would gladly help financing the project.
  •  

Craig007

Question, can't get installer to work. Am using Windows 8. Not very computer experienced. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  •  

Craig007

Please disregard previous post. After rebooting, the simulator loaded properly and is working. This is a good simulator. Reminds me of the one that Catfight Planet had, except that one had no picture capability and only had a preset list of moves. Thanks for making it available.
  •  

wrestling_pi

Good to hear, I was waiting to see if I could lineup a win 8 machine to test on, but glad to hear it worked out.
  •  

trouler

So, I have begun experimenting with move logics and created different move sets for my fighters. I am, however, puzzled by the moves "hurt back" and "hurt stomach" and their kind. Are they there to allow the defending fighter some possibility of action or do they serve another purpose?

Also, I created my own fighters by editing the existing celebrities into women of my own and by pasting my own pics directly into the photo folder. This stops the program from crashing for me which it did if I just tried to add them. I would very much love the move editor to be functional as it is "greyed out" in its current version. I really long to be able to expand on my fighters' repertoires and existing moves.

As such, I am intrigued by how the simulator works, what determines which fighter wins? Are the fighter profiles simply for detail or do they matter for the result of the simulation? Sorry for being inquisitive, I guess you didn't expect the Spanish inquisition. 
  •  

Jman2113

I can't get a full screen, or scroll to whats off it.
  •  

wrestling_pi

I think I set a screen resolution, so you might have your screen resolution set too low.
I think the minimum is 1280x800... anything lower than that - the app will go off screen.
  •  

wrestling_pi

Quote from: trouler on 10-May-15, 06:02 PM
So, I have begun experimenting with move logics and created different move sets for my fighters. I am, however, puzzled by the moves "hurt back" and "hurt stomach" and their kind. Are they there to allow the defending fighter some possibility of action or do they serve another purpose?

Also, I created my own fighters by editing the existing celebrities into women of my own and by pasting my own pics directly into the photo folder. This stops the program from crashing for me which it did if I just tried to add them. I would very much love the move editor to be functional as it is "greyed out" in its current version. I really long to be able to expand on my fighters' repertoires and existing moves.

As such, I am intrigued by how the simulator works, what determines which fighter wins? Are the fighter profiles simply for detail or do they matter for the result of the simulation? Sorry for being inquisitive, I guess you didn't expect the Spanish inquisition. 

Hurt Back, and Hurt Stomach are positions.  The move editor is overly complicated, not sure I'll ever finish it in a way that would work.  When I get some more time here later, I'll try to write a small brief on how it works.
  •