Martial arts female celebrities

Started by DR, 02-Nov-12, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR

This thread will be dedicated to female celebrities (models, actresses) with some martial arts background. No athletes, please.

I will start it off with Laetitia Casta, a French model/actress. She has a brown belt in judo.

•  

crushed4life

Actress Anne Archer

She likes sports, and since her early age, was an avid Judo fan, having fought in tournaments through the 60's and early 70's. Archer went on to fight Ann Maria Rousey twice. She lost both times against Rousey. Currently, Archer holds a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and made it to the finals on the US Open back in 1999.

•  

Ronald_Frump

Naomi Watts

The beautiful British actress has been doing Judo for many years. She even participated in amateur Judo championships through the early 90s, from 1989 to 1992. Nowadays, she trains in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, a martial art focusing largely on grappling and ground fighting. Originally based on the Kodokan Judo founded by Judo founder, Jigoro Kano, BJJ was developed in Brazil by the Gracie family during the mid-20th century.

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

crushed4life

Courteney Cox Arquette reportedly trains in karate five times a week and is very close to taking her black belt grading. Initially taking it up so that she felt prepared to protect her family, she got hooked on the strength and energy she felt it gave her, and has even got Friends buddy Jennifer Aniston involved.

•  

DR

I didn't know about Anne Archer.

Crushed4life, thanks...:k1:
  •  

DR

Love Naomi Watts! A doll who could tie me up in a knot...mmm  8)

Thanks, Stewie...:k3:
  •  

sleepinbin

i didnt know about naomi watts... very nice... shes still stunning for her age too.

a bit younger but how about molly burnett? i believe she is a black belt in karate. no idea what style or how legit it is, as details seems scarce, but it's gotta count for something, right?  ;D

oh and she's a total cutie, so whats not to like?

•  

DR

Kelly Hu

US actress of Chinese, English, and Hawaiian ancestry; black belt in karate. This is what she says about her martial arts skills:

"The thing is, once you do martial arts as a girl, I think everybody remembers you for doing that. You beat up a couple of guys and then all of a sudden, you're the girl who kicks ass...

...The very first time I ever did any stunt work was in Thailand on this wild movie—Surf Ninjas. I was supposed to beat up this one guy by kicking him in the groin. I told him he should wear a cup, but he said, 'No! I tough! I stuntman.' Of course, I nailed him in the nuts. Everybody in the crew went, 'Ohhh!' He didn't get up...

...I've been taking Kanzen Budokai karate for a couple of years. It's based on shotokan, I've been working hard trying to immerse myself as much as possible."

•  

Ronald_Frump

•  

wrespet

Kristanna Loken

Black belt in Krav Maga.
5' 11 and in her web site, it says she benches 140 lbs.

•  

crushed4life

Actress Alison Armitage (black belt in'JUDO but also ju-jitsuka, aikidoka and boxeur)

She was born in High Wycombe, England, just outside of London, and at the age of one her family moved to Hong Kong. An agile tomboy as a youngster, Alison began swimming competitively. The many hours of training each day helped her to win numerous medals and honors on her way to representing Hong Kong's swim team. Unfortunately, two broken legs and a broken arm put an end to that. Still noted for her athletics however, she became captain of every woman's sports team at her high school. "I hated skirts", Alison explains with a smile.

Alison completed a three-day S.C.A.R.S. sniper-training course for Debt of Honor and trains weekly in revolver and automatic pistol for moving target competition. She also studies boxing and martial arts twice weekly, combining the arts of Judo, Jiu-Jitsu and Aikido. She has also studied combat with the Broad Sword.

Playboy Playmate of the Month October 1990 (as Brittany York)

•  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: crushed4life on 03-Nov-12, 02:55 AM
She has also studied combat with the Broad Sword.

....ah, but I'm an expert with the "Pork-Sword"...... <2up>

:k1:
  •  

crushed4life

Athena Massey

Athena Massey continues to show her range and versatility as an actress through her many roles in both film and television. Proving that she is not just a "pretty face", Massey has played roles ranging from a secret agent in the film "Termination Man" to a clairvoyant alien in the highly-acclaimed television series "Star Trek: Voyager." She made her film debut opposite Don "The Dragon" Wilson in "Virtual Combat." Massey's physically demanding role garnered a lot of attention and respect. Skilled in Martial Arts and Krav Maga, Massey performed her own stunts in the film. She continued to impress audiences and critics with her kickboxing skills in "Cybertracker 2."
  •  

crushed4life

Manuela Arcuri – A Beautiful Italian Brunette With A Black Belt in Karate

Birth Name: Manuela Arcuri

Date of Birth: January 8, 1977

Place of Birth: Anagni, Latium, Italy

Nationality: Italian

Height: 5 feet 7 in; 1.75 m

Measurements: 37-25-35 (in); 94-63-90 (cm)

Arcuri in one sentence – Manuela is an Italian sex symbol that can take care of herself and you (she has a black belt in karate).

Quotes:

There is nothing bad about a nude woman's body, especially if it is done in a classy and elegant way.

People spend too much time thinking and talking about others. As is they have no life.

I make men nervous.

Interesting Facts:
This hot Italian lady has a black belt in karate.
She played in over 30 films and television shows.
She posed nude for a number of European magazines including Italian edition of Playboy.
Manuela was in a long-term relationship with the famous Italian soccer player Francesco Totti and several other Italian/European celebrities which is one of the reasons why she is often a target of the Italian paparazzi.

QuotePeople spend too much time thinking and talking about others. As is they have no life.
  •  

DR

Nice additions, crushed4life.

:k1:
  •