News:

No underage material allowed - please keep all posts 18yr+.

Main Menu

Clicknupload captcha redirects to ransomware sites

Started by Craig007, 07-Sep-15, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig007

When I have tried to access recent posts using clicknupload, the captcha checking function redirected me to a ransomware page that locked my browser.  Anyone else having a problem?? Was able to use system restore to regain use but it is rather scary. Only happens with clicknupload.
  •  

ivyhill

I added AdBlock to my browser - all problems solved  ;)
  •  

Craig007

To Ivyhill, which browser do you use? I use Chrome but Google appears to be working on stopping the Adblock.
  •  

gbs1

Quote from: Craig007 on 07-Sep-15, 10:58 PM
When I have tried to access recent posts using clicknupload, the captcha checking function redirected me to a ransomware page that locked my browser.  Anyone else having a problem?? Was able to use system restore to regain use but it is rather scary. Only happens with clicknupload.

Sorry I didn't get back to you before Craig. Yeah, tbh...a heck of a lot of windows pop up when you type the captcha. I think you have to be "FAST" at clicking the "X" before the window actually pops up. yeah....my browser locked up on 2 occasions. i only use clicknupload as a secondary host - because I've had a couple of takedown notices in my mega account. So when I post other various producers who i 'm not sure aboout - i use clicknupload.

Ivyhill had a good solution. I'll try that one.

I'll try and use mega more.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

ivyhill

Quote from: Craig007 on 08-Sep-15, 12:16 AM
To Ivyhill, which browser do you use? I use Chrome but Google appears to be working on stopping the Adblock.
I use Chrome and before I added Adblock. it was a nightmare. Now I do not get one single popup. also, Stewie is spot on as well. I use Firefox when I am downloading streaming media like Youtube.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

With regards to Ivy's advice: Video DownloadHelper is good addon for firefox, which easily captures youtube and other streaming media.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

wrestling_pi

Thanks for the heads up - I feel bad I was throwing stuff up on clicknupload if people use it as an alternative only.  Thx as well for the Video DownloadHelper plugin.
  •