News:

No underage material allowed - please keep all posts 18yr+.

Main Menu

Testing

Started by Zeus, 30-Nov-12, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeus

I'm testing couple forum enhancements atm, mainly some fancier ways to handle and display images. so if something doesn't work as you'd expect it's probably 'cause of that  :D

I quite like the new modifications but am not sure yet whether we'll revert back to default as the new image viewer picks up even full sized images from external image host (namely from postimage and imagevenue) which is causing long topic loading times whenever the thread contains a LOT of images from these two hosts.
Once loaded the browsing trough the hot images you guys post works good but the initial long loading time is not acceptable imo, so I'll have to try something else.

Thanks for understanding, and if you notice any bugs let me know
  •  

Ronald_Frump

These latest pics I uploaded to imagevenue aren't loading to full-size.

http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=150.msg3535#msg3535

Is this related?
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

Zeus

Good catch, Stewie. I uninstalled it and installed a different viewer, and set it up to not mess with external images.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

•  

Zeus

I'm testing a different way to give others karma for their quality posts. Instead of clicking on "Give Thanks/Karma" below username each post now has "Thumbs Up/Down" button in upper right corner so it can be seen how much karma posts get:

If you like the old way better we switch it back.

•  

Ronald_Frump

Yes I noticed this. Its just as easy to use this new system, so are you going to disable the one below the username?
  •  

Zeus

the "Thumbs up" button also feeds the karma into the same database table that you see in your "Karma received:" totals so your total karma count still goes up whenever someone clicks the Thumb up and so that line below username stays.

Ideally I would also still like to keep the "Give Thanks/Karma" line to give karma that way as well but am running into some issues with that, will see if I figure it out or not.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Zeus on 03-Dec-12, 06:39 PM

Ideally I would also still like to keep the "Give Thanks/Karma" line to give karma that way as well but am running into some issues with that, will see if I figure it out or not.

What's the advantage to keeping that as well?
  •  

Zeus

IDK.. maybe harder to miss for the forum newbies who might still be learning to appreciate others' contributions for giving 'em karma..  :)
  •