News:

Both female (F-F) and mixed (F-M) wrestling related material is welcomed.

Main Menu

Ronda Rousey could kill any member here, with her bare hands.

Started by Ronald_Frump, 01-Mar-15, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could Ronda finish you?

Yes, Ronda ends my miserable existence
No way, I'll knock the bitch out!

voayer

My neighbor (OK, she lives 5 miles away from me) beat Ronda twice in a row. But yes...this was 10 years ago and it was judo competition. Not mma.
  •  

Rothney2

Right...there's always someone that can beat someone.  Also consider the thousands of "less attractive" women who train hard in MMA that won't necessarily get the chance in front of the UFC crowd for any number of reasons.  Remember, female athletes, whether fair or not, are marketed as much for their combination of athleticism and looks.  There's a lot of tough, but "rough" looking women toiling away in sweaty gyms, honing their craft that don't crave the spotlight, that might simply never want to compete formally.  When you consider this, you realize that those that actually train for the "business of UFC" are not representative of the complete picture.  Anyway, I'll digress.  Just thought I would share it for whatever it's worth.
  •  

uboat

Quote from: Rothney2 on 11-Aug-15, 09:03 AM
2 points:  "most dangerous unarmed woman on the planet" is another example of a marketing sound byte that people love to throw out there with the only factual basis being that Ronda dominates a division of an MMA company.  There are almost 8 billion people on the planet, and I'll wager there are a few women you've never seen in front of a tv camera that might be more "dangerous" than Ronda.

Second, you want guys to be serious about this topic, but it by its very nature serves to fulfil your fantasy of imagining a strong, tough woman, beating up men.  You're into that fetish, which is fine.  But if a guy suggests he wouldn't be annihilated by her, don't attack him, because you have no proof he would be. 

Ronda is currently the best of a weak crop of women in a fledgling sport.   She is a marketing dream come true.  And inevitably, time will see the rise of even better women athletes.  So do enjoy it for what it is, but don't get too absorbed in the fantasy of Ronda as this impenetrable force.  In any event, if she truly could kill every guy here, maybe she needs tougher competition.  How about Ronda vs. a tiger ::)

Loved that one, 100% true!!!
  •