UFC Fight Night 80 on Dec 10 : Paige VanZant vs. Rose Namajunas - Who you got?

Started by Ronald_Frump, 11-Nov-15, 06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins and how?

PVZ by decision
Thug Rose decision
PVZ by submission/TKO
Thug Rose by submission/TKO

Ronald_Frump

Paige Vanzant vs Rose Namajunas on Dec 10th - who takes it and how?

PVZ

VS.....

Thug Rose

I got Rose by RNC, round 1  8)
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

jiminy

Rose needs to keep it standing, if she can. PVZ doesn't have much power or snap in her strikes and seems a little stiff on her feet. PVZ is unassumingly strong in the clinch, excells in scrambles and seems to have unlimited, energizer bunny like cardio.

I'd be very surprised if Rose submits her.

Really hope Rose wins as PVZ is not my cup of tea, but it's an interesting test for both girls. Rose by dec. is my prediction. Rose by KO is my hope.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

I think if it goes the distance, Paige will grind out the decision due to her aggression and awesome cardio. Rose may well gas, if she can't get a sub within a couple of rounds.

She is however, very crafty with her MMA grappling. Granted, the kimura on JoJo wasn't especially impressive, as Calderwood has zero ground game (as demonstrated in her armbar loss to Munoz). However, Rose's sub over a quality wrestler in Randa Markos, showed how dangerous her jitz can be.
  •  

RBAP

Paige is your proverbial "scrapper" - someone who looks harmless but is really wired and can kick some major ass even though she doesn't look like it. By now, though, no one will be deceived by her looks. She is at her best in scrambles, when technique becomes less important than grit.

Rose looks the part of a potential champion - a ruthless bully with a sweet side. She is at her best standing and striking, but is pretty good at everything else. She is the favourite, but needs to prove she has a killer instinct and can't underestimate Paige.

The Straw-weight category is far more interesting than the Bantam-weight. There is greater parity and the girls are a lot cuter ;)

•  

Ronald_Frump

•  

jiminy

I didn't do a very good job of calling this one, although at least the girl I wanted to win, won.

I thought the ground would be Paige's ally, but Rose took her down at will and to my surprise, threatened with multiple subs before finally getting the job done and forcing the peroxide barbie to tap. Nice one, Rose!
  •  

sleepinbin

Good win for Rose. God I love results that mess up the UFC's marketing plans ;D
  •  

DR

Definitely a great win for Rose, but what's with the hair, or lack thereof? I may be old fashioned, but girls should be girls  ;).
  •  

crushed4life

Quote from: sleepinbin on 11-Dec-15, 01:35 PM
Good win for Rose. God I love results that mess up the UFC's marketing plans ;D
Me too :) I must admit I figured Rose would just get gassed at some point in frustration, Paige would start raining those pitty-pat punches and the ref would stop it, and PVZ would run partway across the ring, and fall to her knees in tears...
But Rose was so poised as well she should have been, she was so technically superior in every way.

One thing I never bought even for a second was an idiotic opinion like this, even from the UFC flyweight champ. I can understand some of the overrating of Ronda by guys that SHOULD know better, but stuff like this takes the cake. I'm beginning to think the average twitter troll knows more about MMA than the so called "experts"
  •  

voayer

Bloody fight , girls really mean business.

UFC Fight Night 80 - Rose Namajunas vs Paige Vanzant

[attach=1]
http://dfiles.eu/files/8mmghvkcp

Very good video quality. Spanish commentators. Couldn't get english.
  •  

RBAP

Barbie got pummelled, choked, scissored, armbar'd, her blood splattered all over the floor, and she hung in there with a smile on her face. The girl is tough, have to respect that.
Rose was just far, far better. And... she'll be cute again once the hair grows back  ;)

•  

DR

•  

sleepinbin

Not to be crude or disrespectful but am I the only one who always thought Rose was more attractive than Paige?
  •  

wrestling_pi

Quote from: sleepinbin on 13-Dec-15, 01:48 AM
Not to be crude or disrespectful but am I the only one who always thought Rose was more attractive than Paige?

Blasph.... oh wait - I could see that.
  •