News:

If you see missing images in posts, we lost about 100k of 'em in 03/2022.

Main Menu

Rousey vs Holm

Started by malderat, 12-Nov-15, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crushed4life

The first Ali-Frazier fight went the distance, Ali got knocked down and the big goose-egg on his face but it was Joe that had to go to the hospital afterwards. Ali lost the fight but a lot of people thought Joe was going to win beforehand. Some say Joe was never quite the same after that first fight either. I think he may have lost something in his body/head movement.

Unlike Ali Ronda was totally embarrassed and I doubt she'll show her face until it's completely normal. Ronda's reaping what she's sown in terms of public ridicule but at least she's gotten rich doing it.
  •  

femfightwatcher

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 20-Nov-15, 03:07 AMAli was more tongue in cheek when he bragged and was quite comical: more like a pro wrestling showman.

What I find telling is that she tries to style herself after the late Roddy Piper who, if I recall correctly, did mostly work heel.  But he was a lovable heel, generous and self-deprecating (as befits a man dressed in a skirtkilt).  If Rousey doesn't realize she's not pulling off a Piper, then that's part and parcel of her immaturity.
  •  

lucad

This was literally the most poetic justice that can ever happen...

Reasons why:

Ronda Rousey was (at least to me and apparently to many other people) one of the most annoying character ever.

Why? Aside from being a smartass loudy mouth who rarely said something witty, the main reason I literally could not stand her is this: SHE DID REALLY BELIEVE IN BEING SOME KIND OF A SUPERIOR PERSON (NOT JUST A SUPERIOR ATHLETE). What I mean is all the trash talkers of the fighting world don't necessarily take themeselves too seriously. Take Conor McGregor...when he will lose he will probably just accept it, take all the blaming even with a smile on his face...like "ok, I talked all the trash in this world, now it is my time to get trashed.." and then will be back.
The problem with Ronda instead is her reaction to her loss shows that she did really believe she was unbeatable. And personally I have never seen anything more obnoxious than this self importance of hers. It has nothing to do with confidence (which is a good thing to have especially when you are a fighter) imo...this was just hubris beyond reality!!!

And here the sense of poetic justice is even more great cause whatever she will do in the future, even if she gets back and beats Holly to avenge her loss (which I hardly believe will happen), her attitude can't ever be the same as before...all her character was built around this aura of invincibility that vanished forever in barely six minutes at the hands of Mrs Holm. And she absolutely understands that and this is the reason she still keeps being silent after more than a week. She will have to rebuild a completely new character, because bringing her old character back and start back with all the crap would be completely ridiculous considering how Holly ridiculized her in front of the world.

5 most annoying Ronda's recurring quotes ever:

1. "I won't ever let anyone hit me in front of my mother and little sister" LIKE WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO EXACTLY THAT TO THE OTHER GIRLS IN FRONT OF THEIR OWN MOTHERS...GUESS WHAT STUPID BITCH, YOU DID NOT JUST GET HIT BUT ALMOST KILLED IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE.

2. "These chicks...bla bla bla" ANNOYING AS HELL

3. "They don't want it as much as I want it and they don't train as hard as I do" PONTIFICATING ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT, THINK AND DO IS PRETENTIOUS TO SAY THE LEAST

4. "Nodody has the right to beat me" GUESS WHAT...APPARENTLY SOMEONE HAS ;D ;D ;D

5. "I think I could beat all the girls in my division with one hand" NOPE ;D ;D ;D

6. "I'm gonna retire undefeated" WHY YOU FUCKIN LYIN'... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That being said, the fairytale is achieved when you bring to the mix the fantastic character of Holly Holm, who emerges from this story as nothing less than a comics superhero. She was calm, collected, classy all the time taking the trash the obnoxious bitch gave to her and at the end exerted her revenge in the most superhero fashion possible! Not even when you watch Kill Bill you feel that sense of fullfilment that you do watching Holly stand in front of Ronda's unconscious body, caring for her life after just kicking her head off. ;D

One last thing: ok now we have seen her ridiculized standing by Holly but I still assume at least a part of her mma game - clinch, throws and submissions - is actually world class. But have you ever thought about this: what if it is not? What if she wasn't even this submission master that we thought she was? What if a girl with world class grappling would have ridiculized her with her ground game the same way Holly did with her striking? I mean, are we completely sure that she is at least the best in the world at something? Because I'm starting to have doubts. And...just saying...what if Miss Ronda Rousey was the luckiest person alive? By that meaning that she found herself in the perfect spot at the perfect time and made the most of a complete lack of talent and competition in an almost non existent sport like WMMA. And with that she made a career and got fame and wealth beyond any immagination without possessing the world class fighting skills that built her character of most dangerous woman alive and stuff like that.
I'm starting to believe her only real world class talent was her smart mouth, which she was able to use perfectly in order to catch the attention of the world while beating "chicks" (like she used to call them) who were anywhere near to a legit competition.

POETIC JUSTICE MY FRIENDS!!!
  •  

DR

Holly was a guest on the "Late Night with Seth Meyers" show tonight. This girl looks great. Here are some vidcaps I made:

If there's interest, I could post the clip.
  •  

gbs1

would love to see this man..wow?!?!?!?!? she look HOtttttttttttt!!!!!  Many Thanks!!
  •  

ivyhill

Quote from: gbs1 on 24-Nov-15, 04:01 AM

would love to see this man..wow?!?!?!?!? she look HOtttttttttttt!!!!!  Many Thanks!!
Clip from the tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78kcP6_KIhk
  •  

DR

•  

gbs1

•  

gbs1

Quote from: ivyhill on 24-Nov-15, 08:08 AM
Quote from: gbs1 on 24-Nov-15, 04:01 AM

Clip from the tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78kcP6_KIhk

Many Thanks!! Hot!! :D :D
  •  

jiminy

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 18-Nov-15, 03:38 AM

I only just got around to watching this. A very insightful vid – cheers.

When I first watched the fight, with my own limited knowledge, I thought Ronda wasn't trying hard enough to get the fight to the ground, but I was wrong. It was, as Zahabi says, a classic striker vs. grappler match up. Holly controlled the distance so well, utilizing movement, jabs and oblique kicks. Ronda was trying to get hold of Holly, but she does it in a different way to the classic wrestlers that we're used to seeing, shooting for the legs or a body lock. As her previous fights show, Ronda always goes for the head and neck of her opponent, breaks their posture, uses her hips and the the arm that they instinctively wrap around her torso is the one that gets armbarred. 

Holly did a great job and clearly had great coaching to negate Ronda's strengths and expose her weaknesses. You can have the best coaches in the world, but to pull off such a performance, you also need the god-given athleticism and mental fortitude – keeping your cool in pressure situations. Full credit to Holly for that. An amazing athlete.

Ronda is a great athlete too, but in a different way. She's (IMO) stronger and better suited to ground and clinch fighting (long torso, short legs), she's very explosive, but she's clearly not as mobile or agile as Holm – who is built more like a sprinter – long legs, shorter torso and wirier. Holly's fleet feet, superior striking and ability to negate Ronda's grappling when she needed to were the keys to victory. It was a performance akin to Cro Cop, Machida or Anderson in their pomp. A real fight for the ages and highlight reel finish.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Shelburne: Rousey heartbroken over loss to Holm

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

MixedFighter41

Dana wants a rematch in July. Holly doesn't want to wait that long to fight. I say if Holly wants to fight Tate before then so be it. She is the champ.
  •  

crushed4life

If Holly didn't have to wait that long I'd say sure, Ronda gets 1st crack, but she shouldn't have to wait that long. Also she's no spring chicken at 34. Only danger is if Holly loses, she'll loose out on a monster payday for HoHo-RoRo 2!
  •  

lianqisi

holly holm has a good tact
Victory is the victory of the team
I think mabey the next time rousey will win
  •