News:

Guests cannot see the Video section at all - create an account!

Main Menu

Poll: McMann Vs. Gaff

Started by jiminy, 22-Apr-13, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

McMann via Decision
McMann via KO / TKO
McMann via Submission
Gaff via Decision
Gaff via KO / TKO
Gaff via Submission
Draw

jiminy

Big fight I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Hope Sara wins, but I've got a feeling an upset could be on the cards.

Sheila Gaff is certainly someone you could refer to as "dangerous".

It'll be the strength and wrestling technique of McMann vs. the handspeed and aggression of Gaff.
  •  

sleepinbin

McMann is significantly bigger than Gaff and has shown that she knows how to fight smart. Gaff's grappling really isn't all that and I would be very surprised if McMann doesn't just bully her around the place with ease.

Also I would not be shocked if Gaff pisses hot soon.

•  

jiminy

Certainly she should have a lofty advantage in grappling but I'd like to see more aggression from McMann in this fight, more damaging ground and pound. Fact is, she hasn't finished anyone who's any good yet and didn't convincingly beat Baszler (like Davis did).

On paper, Gaff and Sexton have both been brought in as cannon fodder. A lot of people underestimated Zingano against the more well-known and hyped Tate and we saw how that played out.

If Sara fights smart (i.e. GSP vs Diaz) she should dominate with take downs and top control. If it decends into a tear-up (like the last few seconds of McMann/Baszler), I fear Sheila will connect first... and swarm.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Nothing spectacular, but a hard-won "McMann by decision".

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

sammy_scuffles

McMann really should be able to put Gaff on her back at will and grind out a 30-27 win.

QuoteFact is, she hasn't finished anyone who's any good yet and didn't convincingly beat Baszler (like Davis did).

Baszler's a bad matchup for someone like McMann. Davis was able to convincingly beat Baszler at her own strength (grappling) while McMann basically had to stay away from her own strength (takedowns and top control) to avoid Baszler's submission game. I'd actually scored that fight for Baszler but it was a good enough fight that I don't mind either way.
  •  

DR

Here's a low quality video of the fight. Hopefully, a better version will soon emerge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXPZtcnBKg4

•  

sammy_scuffles

That's an excellent performance. Much tighter on top than the last couple of fights I've seen from her. She might not have massive knockout power but she was pretty clearly going to be able to keep on punching forever once she had both arms trapped there.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

The fact that Gaff lost on her inability to defend rather than getting KO'd shows that Sarah is improving her positioning skills. G'n'P seems to be the natural way forward for her.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

jiminy

Sara used her wrestling well. An anti-climatic finish perhaps, but they can't all be classics I guess.

I thought the whole event was pretty forgettable TBH. Hopefully we'll see closed gloves introduced soon, that should spice things up.
  •