News:

Welcome at SqueezeQueens.com, your female & mixed wrestling haven!

Main Menu

Giving Karma/Thanks

Started by Ronald_Frump, 07-Dec-12, 06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_Frump

This is a great forum!

:r0x:

For a small outfit (just starting out) we've got some of the best collectors of mixed and fem-fight material on the internet, who are willing to source and share material for the benefit of their fellow members. Now this can be time-consuming and not everyone is in a position to contribute equally. That isn't the point. The point IS that ANY contribution should be received in the manner in which it was made ie. with a generous and encouraging response:

• Say Thanks
  • Give karma

It takes literally seconds to do so. A damn sight less time than uploading several hundred megabytes to a slow filehost, or creating/sourcing rare/unique artwork/photos, or writing several paragraphs of considered and interesting discussion material........or even searching out a hot new youtube channel.

I've just compared downloads to karma given for a recent two-day old video posted on the mixed board:

• 31 downloads
  • 3 karma given

Just to put it into perspective, I can honestly say that I know of no other forum, where you can get access to material as good as you get here, without going through an approval process ie. you have to post several good-quality videos in order to access an approved (semi-private) board. You then have to contribute on a regular basis to maintain your membership/access. At the moment, this place is like a "One-stop Shop" for the creme de la creme and all you have to do is register for free.

I would appeal to every member who downloads and enjoys a video.....uploaded or streamed.......or finds an interest in someone's astute discussion comment,  or appreciates some photos or artwork that someone has taken the time to create/find and post, to make the Karma-click, type a quick "thanks" and hopefully this will inspire the posters to continue to share..........on this very unique fem-fight forum.

:TY:

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

RBAP

I posted two Chloe vids two days ago, on the 6th.
Freefall
Mamma said knock you out
My DF account says the vids were downloaded 25 times. The post registers 6 thumbs up. I guess 25% is not too bad...  :o
  •  

Troutman74

Stewie, this is a great forum. Thank you. My fetish is very specific so I do much viewing and less downloading but always K when I download something. Nevertheless, thanks for the reminder and I will be sure to keep this in mind.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Troutman74 on 08-Dec-12, 05:48 AM
Stewie, this is a great forum. Thank you. My fetish is very specific so I do much viewing and less downloading but always K when I download something. Nevertheless, thanks for the reminder and I will be sure to keep this in mind.

Thanks buddy, but this appeal is to those who are downloading, but aren't bothering to back it up with either a "thank-you" comment, or a "karma-click". In many ways, written appreciation is always nice, but Zeus has been good enough to implement the easiest "one-click" karma feature, of any forum going. It's just a common courtesy that I'd like to think most members will take on board in good faith, even if they've not bothered to do so in the past.

I'm happy to say that non-of these issues applies to your good self!  ;D
  •  

DR

It really does not take too much time to say a simple "thank you" to the poster. It is common courtesy, and it shows the person your appreciation for his/her effort.

However, it is the same thing all across Internet forums. People are just too lazy and they take things for granted. Being a member of several message boards, I'm seeing it everywhere, and I have seen so many great contributors give up posting, because they didn't feel there was enough appreciation.

I personally try to show my appreciation to these great contributors we have here, as much as I can. One of the things I hate is the time delay between giving multiple karmas to the same person. On the other hand, that is one restriction that understandably has to be in place.

And here's a karma for Stewie, for starting up this thread.

:k2:
  •  

Zeus

I set the time delay limit between consecutive karmas given to the same person to just 6 min (0.1hrs). That's as low as it can be set, next step would be to remove the time delay completely..
  •  

rassleme

Quote from: Zeus on 10-Dec-12, 05:42 AM
I set the time delay limit between consecutive karmas given to the same person to just 6 min (0.1hrs). That's as low as it can be set, next step would be to remove the time delay completely..

I'd like to see the delay taken off altogether.  I doubt there were be much abuse of one member giving multiple karmas to another just for the hell of it.  And if they did, so what?  Sure it's nice to be thanked and appreciated for uploads, but bottom line is I doubt any measure you take will increase the number of members taking the time to do so.  Those that do will continue to do so, those that don't wont.

Some posters, Kostag comes to mind, will post multiple uploads under one thread or multiple threads and it takes very little time to start the downloads, yet I'm limited to one Karma every 6 minutes.  If I want to give him 3 karmas, I have to wait at least 12 minutes, by then I may be logged off and long gone.  Or I'm into another part of the forum and I forget.  I'd rather be able to give the Karma when I start the download.
  •  

Zeus

Good points as always, rm.

I managed to set it to 0.01 hours which is basically 36 seconds - that should make it pretty easy to give more than one karma even per short forum browing session for everyone, while still not making it as much fun for the one bad apple who would go to town with it just for fun if there wasn't any delay whatsoever rendering the fairness in earning the karma meaningless.

•  

sleepinbin

Quote from: Zeus on 10-Dec-12, 03:50 PM

I managed to set it to 0.01 hours which is basically 36 seconds - that should make it pretty easy to give more than one karma even per short forum browing session for everyone, while still not making it as much fun for the one bad apple who would go to town with it just for fun if there wasn't any delay whatsoever rendering the fairness in earning the karma meaningless.

karma for this :D
  •  

Ronald_Frump

while still not making it as much fun for the  one bad apple  who would go to town with it just for fun if there wasn't any delay whatsoever rendering the fairness in earning the karma meaningless.

•  

rassleme

Great Zeus' Ghost Zeus!  Thanks for the change.  There aren't too many members that have a large amount of karmas that it wouldn't be noticable if someone suddenly jumped up a 100 or so in a short period of time.  And if they do, does it really matter? 
  •  

ivyhill

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 10-Dec-12, 05:22 PM

while still not making it as much fun for the  one bad apple  who would go to town with it just for fun if there wasn't any delay whatsoever rendering the fairness in earning the karma meaningless.

I swear I did nothing wrong!!!

•  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: ivyhill on 10-Dec-12, 05:49 PM

I swear I did nothing wrong!!!

Are you sure about that?

•  

Matey

It's good to have a little delay there in case we decide to limit some posts by karma count in the future, for example.
Regardless 36 seconds is a LOT better than an hour wait elsewhere  ;)
  •  

rassleme

Quote from: Marty on 11-Dec-12, 12:59 PM
It's good to have a little delay there in case we decide to limit some posts by karma count in the future, for example.
Regardless 36 seconds is a LOT better than an hour wait elsewhere  ;)

I agree compleltely!
  •