Daz Studio discovery

Started by wrestling_pi, 29-Dec-17, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestling_pi

So as I'm rebuilding all my poses from scratch, I'll post some random fun pics in this thread.
  •  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

•  

luv4mix

Wow. They are amazing. Are these hard to make?
  •  

ownboss

Created with software called poser ;D
Bringing Order To The Chaos Created By A World Infested With Idiots!
  •  

wrestling_pi

Actually these are rendered using Daz Studio (which kinda competes with Poser, and usually is the company that creates most of the models).  I just switched here about a month ago.

It can be a costly hobby although there are ways of accessing models without the cost (some are free as well)... but Daz has made rendering "realistically" a bit easier than it was in poser.  The hard part is in crafting the poses themselves, detail oriented as possible makes the best image.

These are poses I've been working on - I keep them all organized in a library, these images are tests where I just put the models in different outfits for fun as I'm testing the poses.

As I'm going through poses - I'm always up for suggestion, if you have an iconic f/f photo of a hold being applied, post it here and I'll see if I can duplicate it.  Not a promise, but it might be a nice way of getting some source material.  I am currently working on rebuildling my old poses from Poser into Daz Studio (which has to be done by hand), so I've got a lot of stuff to go through, but if something posted here catches my eye...
  •  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

I just ordered a new video card, with Daz the rendering can all be done via your vid card (nvidia utilizes the Iray, so that's the best to go with) - but only if the entire scene (and textures) can fit on the graphics card memory (I got a 6gb card which will work for my sun scenes).  That should also really speed up rendering as well.  I got a gtx 1060 6gb so not the top of the line card, but that should do well for rendering - especially the queue rendering I like to do.

Poser was based more on the processor and the ram, but even then I don't think it rendered as fast or as well as Daz Studio Iray with a good card (and not as nice or as easy)
  •  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

Some yoga girls go at it, blonde wins
  •  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

•  

wrestling_pi

Chugging along, downloading new content at a furious pace..

one of the things the G3 and G8 figures give you is a huge amount of control in terms of the morphs... and the nice thing is if you set things right - you can use these morphs and not so much change the body shape of your figure (important if you are doing mass renderings as I do), anyway the glute control morphs let you do some nice things... here are two examples in that one butt cheek is raised to give it the look that it's resting on the loser's face.

I always like that facesitting "squash" pose that it seems foxycombat and even you see in more competitive sites like DWW or more like their new site Fighting Dolls - so I came up with this pose where a face is kind of sideways, but getting squashed by a butt cheek.

The detail in the texture of the bottoms worn by the "sitter" really helps in this case.
  •