THE SQUEEZE QUEENS - FEMALE FIGHTING & MIXED WRESTLING FORUMS

Stories | Discussions | Images | Videos | Producers        Share our interests? JOIN us today!

Author Topic: Decreased Forum Interaction?  (Read 206 times)

Offline ownboss

• Karma received: 338
  • Look Ma I'm Dancing!
Decreased Forum Interaction?
« on: 03-Nov-19, 08:35 AM »
What Is Happening?

I wonder, can anyone shine some light on why interaction within the public forum area has decreased in the past few months because, for some strange reason, the level of media donations has fallen sharply. Where have top-notch members gone like Kostag, RB, Marman to name just a few, because without these key players doing what they love and that's uploading their collections to this forum, then it's not going to be long before you close the door and switch the lights out on the pubic area. Personally, I think that Squeeze Queens of old was the best online location for FREE combat content, and would really like to see a return to the old format. Maybe the admins like Zeus can offer support to this question, as I feel its one that needs answering.

Thanks for listening

Own Boss 2019
Bringing Order To The Chaos Created By A World Infested With Idiots!

Offline ivyhill

• Global Moderator
  • Karma received: 1046
  • Awards: Repeated Donator (last one in Dec 2014)Above & BeyondStaff-MemberFounding-Fathers
« Reply #1 on: 03-Nov-19, 11:32 AM »
What Is Happening?

I wonder, can anyone shine some light on why interaction within the public forum area has decreased in the past few months because, for some strange reason, the level of media donations has fallen sharply. Where have top-notch members gone like Kostag, RB, Marman to name just a few, because without these key players doing what they love and that's uploading their collections to this forum, then it's not going to be long before you close the door and switch the lights out on the pubic area. Personally, I think that Squeeze Queens of old was the best online location for FREE combat content, and would really like to see a return to the old format. Maybe the admins like Zeus can offer support to this question, as I feel its one that needs answering.

Thanks for listening

Own Boss 2019

I see you have the word free in caps. That just about says it all. Last time you added some media was back in February. There is your answer.

Offline LadyStrongStyle

• HQ Approved
  • Karma received: 4760
« Reply #2 on: 05-Nov-19, 12:53 AM »
I guess I'll speak on how I feel about this issue:

It's the Karma system in the forums.
It's designed to show how much the public appreciates the member for uploading content. 
Some of the uploading sites we use to upload videos have stats that shows the number of downloads per file, so its pretty easy to see how much karma to download ratio there is in our posts. 

Less karma for a file that has huge download numbers = doesn't motivate people to post content

I agree about how awesome this forum is.  HQ section is amazing.  Mods are pretty awesome in here  ;)

Offline tvwatcher38

• HQ Approved
  • Karma received: 2495
« Reply #3 on: 06-Nov-19, 01:57 AM »
What Is Happening?

Thanks for listening

Own Boss 2019

I'll throw my looooong two cents in on this topic.
Sorry in advance but tends to be my thing. ;D

I won't get into too much detail of why I currently don't post in regular forum anymore.
Anyone who hasn't already viewed it can look here for one of the main reasons:
http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=1558.msg76250#msg76250

Can that eventually change, sure. Anything is possible.

Since I only look at mw threads I can only coment on them but the forum is still pretty active.

People like kostag, lazerblue, roderic, MC-Menni, etc. are still posting pretty frequently(sometimes daily, every couple of days, weekly, etc.)

We have lost some key members over the years like Stewie/Ronald, Karo, etc. who used to post very regularly.
While some have stepped up to help cover their loss, losing members like those & others not mentioned can be a very hard blow to recover from.

Some members don't post as frequently as they used to for various reasons as life can sometimes pull us in different directions.

There's just not enough members( new or existing members who have either posted before, or who have never posted) currently with access to only the public/open forums becoming the solution to the problem.

Until that happens the forums are probably not going to go back to the way it used to be.

First time posters get discouraged for reasons that are easily fixed before they make their first post:

1. Take the time, read all the rules of the forum & follow them.

2. There's tutorials on how to post if your not familiar with how to do it. Really, really helpful or at least it was for me.

3. Make sure you not only search to make sure what you're posting is not already on the forum & still active but it's not on the prohibited list(very important).

Don't get discouraged when you are corrected on one of your posts.

Make a mistake on a post ? Been there, done that & got better at it.

Had a post removed ? Been there, done that & moved on.

Someone complain about a post (other than a moderator, or someone who posted it before with a still active link) ?
Don't engage, let it roll off your back & move on.

Moderator corrects you on a post ?
Don't argue, let it roll off your back & do better with your next posts then move on.
While I can't speak for them, my guess would be that they don't want to have to correct members but somebody has to do the job. I would think most if not all would love to log on, do nothing more then verify what is posted & when no correction has to be made enjoy their own time on the forum.

Those of us on the forum that used to post or still do in the public/open forum all had to go thru learning curves whether on this forum(like me) or elsewhere before coming to this forum.

It's just a part of life.

Offline wrestling_pi

• Karma received: 855
  • Awards: Repeated Donator (last one in Feb 2018)
« Reply #4 on: 09-Nov-19, 07:56 PM »
Just throwing this out there - people stop donating because nobody is getting into the members forum.  I've gotten in twice after uploading and uploading - and that only happened after I made a donation - which is fine.. I don't mind that - I would do it again.... I wasn't the best member when I got in there, so no qualms about being kicked out.

I'm okay with visiting once in a while, see whats been posted - but I've seen people post and eventually leave because they just don't think anything happens.  I understand the point of the members section, and the idea of keeping it exclusive... but I've just given up and its just not worth the time to get in and stay in.

You can look at the members list here and sort by the HQ approved people - and see people who are in and have stayed in with hardly any activity - so I'm sure its frustrating for people who have made effort to post good content and really never sniff the place.  You also see the big names in there who have a ton of activity.

For me personally - I'm just spending the time with daz studio and working on renders.  I've been working the past few months rewriting the wrestling/catfight simulator to work as a web application, usable from a browser.

amoebic