News:

Welcome at SqueezeQueens.com, your female & mixed wrestling haven!

Main Menu

Have you ever hit a girl?

Started by Judge DR3DD, 31-Dec-12, 04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge DR3DD

Like in self defence or some stupid reason.

Well I've been busy lately with stuff, but I did encounter some strange event.

I was walking back home and there was this girl trying to act all hard in front of her sister and she says something like "you starting?!" and obviously I wasn't. So I tell her to fuck off and she throws this punch at my face so obviously I'm pissed so I throw one right back at her face and it's over.

But seriously wtf. Women want equal rights so if a woman hits you first, you hit her back? Simple isn't it.

Yeah men shouldn't hit women, but women shouldn't hit men either.

What do you think on the whole hitting girls thing?
  •  

sheehan333

The only time I am hitting a women is when I am smacking the behind of my GF  ;D

If U ask my opinion hitting a women for real is not cool and it is dangerous too. Recently there was a newspaper article which mentioned a story that a girl was hospitalised after sparring with a boy and is in coma. Apparently these were teenagers and both were boxers. Mixed sparring was common but on this occasion the coach was absent and it was alleged that they did not wear proper protective gears.

I was not in your situation so I would not like to be judgmental on what you did but I will say that while we can easily take punches from most girls (unless she is Anne Wolfe or some other fighter chick) without showing the affect but one hit from a guy can do serious damage to a gal. Women generally have lighter bones a well connected punch may knock a man out but in  case of a women it can dislocate a jaw and with the prevalent laws you will end up in jail  :o irrespective of who hit first  :-[

•  

Ronald_Frump

If a gang of girls were trying to mug me and threatened me with knives, I'd fight my way out of a corner. However, if its some crazy or drunken girl who I don't consider to be a serious threat, I'll take the shot and walk/run away.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

Judge DR3DD

Quote from: sheehan333 on 31-Dec-12, 05:09 PM
The only time I am hitting a women is when I am smacking the behind of my GF  ;D

If U ask my opinion hitting a women for real is not cool and it is dangerous too. Recently there was a newspaper article which mentioned a story that a girl was hospitalised after sparring with a boy and is in coma. Apparently these were teenagers and both were boxers. Mixed sparring was common but on this occasion the coach was absent and it was alleged that they did not wear proper protective gears.

I was not in your situation so I would not like to be judgmental on what you did but I will say that while we can easily take punches from most girls (unless she is Anne Wolfe or some other fighter chick) without showing the affect but one hit from a guy can do serious damage to a gal. Women generally have lighter bones a well connected punch may knock a man out but in  case of a women it can dislocate a jaw and with the prevalent laws you will end up in jail  :o irrespective of who hit first  :-[

Yeah I don't think girls should box boys. I mean I used to be cool with it but I've changed my mind on it completely. Yeah girls can wrestle boys, that's fine. But boxing is a no-no IMHO

Boys have higher bone density and more muscle mass. I knew this girl who was quite tough, she packed a punch but she couldn't take any punches for shit.

Got any links to that sparring story????
  •  

sammy_scuffles

Quote from: 007 on 31-Dec-12, 04:45 PM

I was walking back home and there was this girl trying to act all hard in front of her sister and she says something like "you starting?!" and obviously I wasn't. So I tell her to fuck off and she throws this punch at my face so obviously I'm pissed so I throw one right back at her face and it's over.

You should go to jail. She should too.

The boxer thing is unfortunate, but it's happened to guys before and it'll happen again. It shouldn't be more newsworthy just because it was a female. Boxing is a sport where people get punched in the head. Brain injuries are going to occur. Luckily it's quite rare. Training without headgear is pretty dumb of course but it happens.

People saying "Women shouldn't spar with men" because of this story are stupid. A female taking any combat sport seriously will have to train with men (including the majority of their sparring) simply because there won't be enough female training partners around.
  •  

sheehan333

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 31-Dec-12, 05:50 PM
If a gang of girls were trying to mug me and threatened me with knives, I'd fight my way out of a corner. However, if its some crazy or drunken girl who I don't consider to be a serious threat, I'll take the shot and walk/run away.

In case of the above mentioned gang I will happily get mugged  ;D

I dont think the incident is news worthy cause it was a girl. Though online the story is descriptive but the when I first read the story in the newspaper it was just a small 4 liner tucked away in small sports section of the city edition and it did not feature in the national edition. I dont think it received anymore attention then any other boxing related accident.

Mixed sparring is common here but unsupervised and without proper protective gear accidents can happen, but this is a one off case and the only one which I heard. it shoukld not discourage women from sparring or training with men. But What I think dangerous is the pro mixed fights like the one between Margaret Macgregor vs Loi Chow (They later made it exhibition match, click here)

People have criticized the match as fake and mismatch where the man hardly hit Margaret, I dont know what it was cause I just saw some few seconds during morning news. But I would say that in professional boxing match in a totally competitive environment pitting a men against women is not a good idea.

•  

revanyo

No because I am not quote "a dick"
  •  

jiminy

ANY Boxing/MMA/fight is dangerous when there is a massive gulf in skill/ability between the two fighters. Doesn't matter if it's FvM, FvF or MvM.

Take this for example. No way should this match have taken place.

This is not a well-timed KO (ie Marques v Pacquiao 4), this is a professional vs a complete novice.

BTW: this is how badly exposed a lot of guys (with no credible training) would be too against a pro (female) fighter.
  •  

jiminy

Sorry I forgot to answer the question; I have never hit a girl either.

Personally I don't consider myself a violent person. I used to enjoy aspects of Boxing - the discipline of training, but I never had any great desire/hunger to punch someone in the face. That's why I never considered myself a "Boxer" or "Fighter" but rather someone who trained Boxing.

With regards to street-fighting and self-defence, I'm like Daniel LaRusso in "The Karate Kid" when he was conversing with his mentor, Mr. Miyagi, on his fishing boat.

Daniel: Hey – you ever get into fights when you were a kid?
Miyagi: Huh – plenty.
Daniel: Yeah, but it wasn't like the problem I have, right?
Miyagi: Why? Fighting fighting. Same same.
Daniel: Yeah, but you knew karate.
Miyagi: Someone always know more.
Daniel: You mean there were times when you were scared to fight?
Miyagi: Always scare. Miyagi hate fighting.
Daniel: Yeah, but you like karate.
Miyagi: So?
Daniel: So, karate's fighting. You train to fight.
Miyagi: That what you think?
Daniel: [pondering] No.
Miyagi: Then why train?
Daniel: [thinks] So I won't have to fight.
Miyagi: [laughs] Miyagi have hope for you.

•  

Judge DR3DD

Quote from: sammy_scuffles on 02-Jan-13, 03:38 AM
Quote from: 007 on 31-Dec-12, 04:45 PM

You should go to jail. She should too.

The boxer thing is unfortunate, but it's happened to guys before and it'll happen again. It shouldn't be more newsworthy just because it was a female. Boxing is a sport where people get punched in the head. Brain injuries are going to occur. Luckily it's quite rare. Training without headgear is pretty dumb of course but it happens.

People saying "Women shouldn't spar with men" because of this story are stupid. A female taking any combat sport seriously will have to train with men (including the majority of their sparring) simply because there won't be enough female training partners around.

No I shouldn't it was self-defense and besides this stuff happens all the time where I live. However it's bot stupid to think that they shouldn't spar, I mean really my coach doesn't permitt it anymore. Maybe sparring between females and males is debatable but in a pro-boxing match I can guarantee you that the best male boxer of his weight class would beat the best female boxer of the same weight class. Womens amateur boxing is getting better but female pro boxing is awful. Period.

Well mixed sparring can be okay if it's two trained people I guess but never put a male beginner to sparring with a female beginner, because I've noticed when you start sparring. Once you step into the ring all that skill you've learnt goes to waste, you just unleash the first few times.

I mean I've seen people who were advised to punch at 70% but ended up punching 100%.

I've been in the ring and placing a male and female in a ring to spar, both for their first time is a bad idea because they'll both try and tear each other apart.

•  

Judge DR3DD

Quote from: sheehan333 on 02-Jan-13, 09:26 AM
Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 31-Dec-12, 05:50 PM

In case of the above mentioned gang I will happily get mugged  ;D

I dont think the incident is news worthy cause it was a girl. Though online the story is descriptive but the when I first read the story in the newspaper it was just a small 4 liner tucked away in small sports section of the city edition and it did not feature in the national edition. I dont think it received anymore attention then any other boxing related accident.

Mixed sparring is common here but unsupervised and without proper protective gear accidents can happen, but this is a one off case and the only one which I heard. it shoukld not discourage women from sparring or training with men. But What I think dangerous is the pro mixed fights like the one between Margaret Macgregor vs Loi Chow (They later made it exhibition match, click here)

People have criticized the match as fake and mismatch where the man hardly hit Margaret, I dont know what it was cause I just saw some few seconds during morning news. But I would say that in professional boxing match in a totally competitive environment pitting a men against women is not a good idea.

It'd be an awful idea for pro mixed boxing
  •  

sheehan333

Quote from: jiminy on 03-Jan-13, 03:46 AM
ANY Boxing/MMA/fight is dangerous when there is a massive gulf in skill/ability between the two fighters. Doesn't matter if it's FvM, FvF or MvM.

Take this for example. No way should this match have taken place.

This is not a well-timed KO (ie Marques v Pacquiao 4), this is a professional vs a complete novice.

BTW: this is how badly exposed a lot of guys (with no credible training) would be too against a pro (female) fighter.

That was pretty bad, I really dont think the girl who got knocked out knew what she was doing there. But in a pro fight the fighters I believe must come up through some amateur level/fights, Right ? Dont know how this happened.

Anyway but my point is pro fights between man and woman should not be permitted. Mixed Wrestling or boxing at Jr Age levels and mixed sparring and training are all right. But in a pro fight it is unlikely that the skill difference would be so great (I would like to believe the video is an exception) also even if the skill difference is not gr8 and the female is more skilled a mixed pro fight is still unfair to the female. Look at the fight below between Somachai Jaidee and Lucia Rijker. Lucia is not only a champion but an undefeated legend while this guy was just a journeyman but just see how easily he handles her. Thats why this should not be permitted.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5klgf_rare-muy-thai-fight-man-vs-woman_sport#.UOWzg-SR_Ic

•  

DiabloNYC

Have I ever hit a girl?  Sure.  In self-defense? Not that I can recall.

Would I hit a female in self-defense?  If the situation were severe enough to called for a strike to be thrown, then I would throw a strike.  However, in a self-defense scenario, I would much prefer to control the attacker using immobilizing holds or, if things were considerably more serious, take her breath away with a choke. 

In theory, from a legal and safety-oriented stand point, controlling and immobilizing holds are the way to go (in a perfect world).  Throwing a strike in the street, even in self-defense, can still lead to muddy waters with the authorities.

I've fortunately never been in self-defense situation with anyone that called for a strike to be thrown.

I have hit ladies in consensual pain-play / impact-play situations, but I don't think that's the matter at hand ;)

I have sparred in martial arts with female opponents, and I struck at a female opponent in a recent MMA sparring session.  Did I punch them in the face?  Only if I had absolute control of the position and only with light contact.  Afterall, this was just sparring and there was no cash prize.  I would do that with any opponent, male or female.

•  

DiabloNYC

As for male vs female competitive high-level boxing?  I don't mean sparring or training, but full-on boxing.  Here's how I see that:

Even if they are in the same weight class, the male fighter will absolutely have an advantage in a western boxing match.  The average male has considerably higher levels of testosterone than the average female, and testosterone does indeed lead to greater muscle mass and bone density.  Additionally, testosterone can increase energy, increase explosive power, and improve exercise capacity.

With such an explosive upper-body striking combat sport such as boxing, the male fighter will have the advantage, provided skill levels are comparable.

Explosive power is critical in sports.  At the end of the day, when all other things are equal, the competitor with the greater ability to express explosive power will have the advantage.  This is why athletes train "power" lifts that may seem not to directly relate to their sport (ex: lacrosse players doing hang cleans).  If you happen to have a higher level of hormone that increase power output abilities, then you will surely have an advantage in power-dependent activities.

If weights and skill levels vary, then the matter can change quite a bit.
  •