News:

Welcome at SqueezeQueens.com, your female & mixed wrestling haven!

Main Menu

Karma / Likes / Thanks

Started by Zeus, 23-Nov-22, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I prefer we use:

'Likes'
'Thanks'

Zeus

Quote from: Zeus on 06-May-22, 07:37 PMNamely, for example, the karma system, something I know a lot of you guys liked, is now gone:(( The forum software makers decided to abandon it, sadly.

I know some members really liked having the previous 'Karma' system, which we ran pretty much forever before the big forum wipeout earlier this year. It was a custom forum modification/extension whose support got abandoned with the new forum software version installed after the wipeout. So losing it was a bummer to many.

The new 'Likes' system (in use since the wipeout) is a built-in function which is nice but feels kinda bare and lacking compared to that previous karma mod, imo.

I just installed a 'Thanks' modification as a test. It's been used on various forums so not anything new or special. Anyway, it currently seems supported, so giving it a shot (fingers crossed it works without a hiccup into the future). Unlike the Likes system, it at least shows the total number of all your forum 'Thanks' (right below your 'Posts' count number in your Profile column next to each post), so it might be something somewhat richer in functionality, serving as a piece of statistic data to see for each member, similar to the good ol' karma count (basically a more simplistic / poor man's karma system, so to speak).

Anyhow, let's give it a shot and let me know what you prefer we stick with in the poll  ;)

PS It's found below a post on the right (the 'SAY THANKS' button) instead of on the left (where the 'Like' is/was)

lazerblu

First impression, the new thanks button seems less visible and discoverable, being tucked away at the right side with quote and other options. It also doesn't seem to tell me at a glance the total of how many people liked each post. Similar systems on other forum sites I use I tend to glance at but mostly ignore.

My only personal issue with the previous like button system was that it was a kind of one size fits all. No additional feedback could be given or received.

Personally total number of thanks doesn't bother me, it's like total number of posts. Glance at it once in a while but no big deal.
Click the Thanks button to show your appreciation and encourage future contributions.

MC-Menni

Allow me to take the honors to give you your first thanks that is being "counted" :D

Jokes aside, super appreciate all your hard work for this forum! :)
Give Karma To Uploaders If You Like The Posts.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Zeus

DR

Either way is fine with me. Both this new "Say Thanks" system and the one that was replaced are showing list of people who gave "thumbs up" (thank you,karma...whatever you want to call it). The only difference I see is that the new system does not show total number of thanks, but just as lazerblu said, not a big deal for me either. As for visibility, I have to say that I liked that little "thumbs up" icon a bit better than the "Say Thanks" button, but once we get used, either one works.

EDIT: And I just noticed that I am wrong about the total number of thanks. :-) It is still there; it just did a reset of the old count system, that's all.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Zeus