News:

Both female (F-F) and mixed (F-M) wrestling related material is welcomed.

Main Menu

Arm wrestling / test of strength - ever lost to a girl?

Started by jiminy, 09-Dec-12, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiminy

Have you ever lost to a girl in arm-wrestling, a game of mercy, pull up or push up contest?

Have you ever been at the gym and a girl has come along and lifted more weight than you could manage?
  •  

Ronald_Frump

I've lost in armwrestling to two fitness/aerobics instructors. Mercy? is that fingerlocking? Never tried that........

Always been good at pull-ups. Even though I haven't trained for years and am 30lb heavier than in my running/climbing days, I can still knock out a few sets of 15-20. That's more to do with upper:lower bodyweight ratio, so without being sexist, women are at a natural disadvantage. Push-ups......used to do 20 sets of fifty.......similar thing.

I've got long arms, so probably loads of women can curl/benchpress more than me.......and don't even mention squats!   :-[
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

QZR1712

I used to lose all the time in armwrestling to a girl who rowed crew.  She was 6ft and 170 (I only know cuz she would tease me all the time about how skinny I was).  She worked out constantly and was training to try to be on the Olympic team (never made it, unfortunately).  She would always challenge guys to armwrestling matches and destroy them -- the only guy in our group of friends who could beat her was a backup power forward on the basketball team.  I actually did play mercy with her once when we were at a party and she was a little drunk.  Needless to say, I was on my knees pretty quickly and I seriously think she could have broken my wrist if she hadn't let me go when I said mercy. 

I go to the gym a fair amount and would say I lift a pretty average amount of weight.  Honestly, I've never seen a girl lift more than me for anything upper body related.  If a girl curls 20s or benches 95, which is basically nothing for a guy, that's a rarity -- so it's a pretty big disparity. 

Legs are a totally different story though.  I've definitely seen plenty of girls squat more than me.  My max for reps is 155, and I've seen girls at my gym do reps with 185 and a few even with 225.  Plus there's that machine that all the girls use where you squeeze your legs together.  Sometimes when I see a girl whose legs look strong working on that machine, I'll go over after she's done and see how much weight she had on.  I'd say like 1 out of every 5 times I'm literally unable to move the amount of weight she was using.  So yeah, I've definitely been outlifted by girls on the leg front. 
  •  

submitme

I must say its going to be really hard for a female to beat a guy in an armwrestling match. I've wrestled a number of women, a 6' 90kg female, and I didn't have much difficulty and that was when only 55kg. I armwrestled a 5'9 muscular girl, she had really strong toned arms. I got her down with a reasonable amount of effort, but haven't come close to losing.
But I guess I've never armwrestled with a fully trained athlete. Who knows I might lose.

I mean comon, when was the last time you saw a Legitimate video on youtube of a female winning an armwrestling match. Excluding juced up bodybuilders, excluding teenagers, excluding professional techniques. Just an honest armwrestling match.

I've seen possibly a few. One foreign lady, but the guy looks like a midget, Goddess Severa has easily accounted for a 5' guy, she's 6'6. And on Grapplinggirls, Kaycee beat this real skinny dude, but I'm still not convinced 100% that he was trying.

I wish we could just get some of these strong crossfit girls, to armwrestle some guys and see what sort of guys they could beat.

I don't do much bicep work, I usually just work on strength exercises and such. But I remember doing biceps, and this 6'2 really slim but very athletic female started doing as much as I was, although I was using strict form, no movement, and she was rocking, but still that impressed me much.
  •  

squozen

I never have, and have been disappointed a few times where I thought I'd get a challenge from a fit girl (I'm not even that strong upper body wise).  Most chicks just look to tone their arms anyway and not get too strong or bulky.  As other posters have said, I'm not even sure how physiologically likely it is.  It's just not how the sexes are built.

I've been slipping in questions to friends and acquaintances from time to time though on how much they do on leg extensions.  Been pleasantly surprising to me how many girls can not only do more than I can do, but significantly more.  Not particularly ripped girls either -- just girls who want to ensure their legs look good and a side effect is they end up pretty damn strong.

Not to hijack the thread though.... :)
  •  

submitme

I'd like to change my tune perhaps.

I've been thinking.

Take the little guy, say 5'5 125-135 lb. If he were to armwrestle any of the crossfit girls He'd probably lose. Especially at wrestling. Firstly a lot of those girls, even the shorter 5'4 or so girls squat 220-300lb. The deadlift the same, and they press over 60KG. I doubt the little guy could get anywhere near that, so quite probably this guy wouldn't stand a chance against the crossfit girls. Its a pity there aren't some videos on youtube, that are genuine.

Secondly, Ive recently found two videos, 1 girl is about 5'2 and benched 220lb, It was a little suspect, because I am sure the guy lifted up the hardest part of the lift for her. But quite clearly she was very strong. And in any case I'm confident she could do at least 200lb. Another girl I saw was able to lift 198lb completely unasisted, and she presses 145lb. I'm about the same for the bench as her, but the press I'm not, and I know a lot of guys that can't press that weight. So yes I think it is totally plausible a trained female could beat an average or untrained guy. But having said that, with not much training I've been able to increase my lifts really quickly.

But again, if you look at what I might be able to deadlift at my absolute best would maybe be 400-440lb. There are some bigger women who do this easily, like the open weightlifting women and shot putters.

So could an average girl beat an average guy of the same size. (probably not)
could an average girl 6'0 + beat an average guy 5'4 possibly
Trained girls could definitely beat untrained guys.

Damnit, where the hell are they. Why aren't they on youtube. You can spot a fake from a mile away.
  •  

wrespet

•  

QZR1712

Quote from: submitme on 12-Mar-13, 08:17 AM

Take the little guy, say 5'5 125-135 lb. If he were to armwrestle any of the crossfit girls He'd probably lose. Especially at wrestling. Firstly a lot of those girls, even the shorter 5'4 or so girls squat 220-300lb. The deadlift the same, and they press over 60KG. I doubt the little guy could get anywhere near that, so quite probably this guy wouldn't stand a chance against the crossfit girls. Its a pity there aren't some videos on youtube, that are genuine.

Secondly, Ive recently found two videos, 1 girl is about 5'2 and benched 220lb, It was a little suspect, because I am sure the guy lifted up the hardest part of the lift for her. But quite clearly she was very strong. And in any case I'm confident she could do at least 200lb. Another girl I saw was able to lift 198lb completely unasisted, and she presses 145lb. I'm about the same for the bench as her, but the press I'm not, and I know a lot of guys that can't press that weight. So yes I think it is totally plausible a trained female could beat an average or untrained guy. But having said that, with not much training I've been able to increase my lifts really quickly.

But again, if you look at what I might be able to deadlift at my absolute best would maybe be 400-440lb. There are some bigger women who do this easily, like the open weightlifting women and shot putters.

Yeah, I mean I don't understand the skepticism.  Obviously an average guy would destroy an average girl at armwrestling.  But it's very plausible for a trained, fit girl who lifts to beat a below average guy.  Especially in the high school / college age range where a lot of guys haven't really filled out yet.  I've seen athletic girls win enough times to know it's real. 

Also one of my good buddies is in grad school, and let's just say that a lot of the guys he hangs out with are on the, um, more "intellectual" side of things and have obviously never been in a fight or done much physical activity in their lives.  If you put them up against a trained girl, whether in arm-wrestling or wrestling, I guarantee you that they wouldn't stand a chance.

By the way, if you can deadlift over 400 lbs, that's way above average and I doubt realistically that you're going to be able to find a girl who can beat you except for professional weightlifters.  I go to the gym regularly and it's rare to see guys deadlifting even 3 plates per side (which would only be 315).  Granted crossfit stresses deadlifting more, but I think even there it's unusual to see a girl deadlifting even 225 (which is admittedly more than I lift). 
  •  

DavidT

My favorite mixed arm wrestling video. I think this is from a custom video.

•  

killerthighs

I can only think of two times. I lost an armwrestlling match in the 5th grade. Ok, who cares. Now I don't go to the gym much but when I was 17 and didn't lift weights this hot brazilian girl walked into the gym and I made eye contact with her for a few seconds. I figured she was in her early 20's and later found out she was in her mid 20's. She looked normal, but fit. I saw her doing the leg press, which is something I never used up until that point. I saw her doing leg curls too but after she was done I walked over to the leg press. She was doing reps of this so I gave it a try and could not move it. I thought she was off working on something else not paying attention and then she popped up in front of me and said "here, let me help". I didn't know what she meant at first and got up, hoping she didn't notice. She bent down and adjusted the height for me. Hey, I never thought of that. I said thanks. She smiled and laughed and then went back to her work. So what did I do? I tried it again. Still no luck. After moving it down 40 lbs I got it. The next time I saw her she was repping that again, but I worked my way up to it. Now I can do twice that. LOL
  •