News:

Welcome at SqueezeQueens.com, your female & mixed wrestling haven!

Main Menu

Question about imagebam

Started by spiezer, 19-Oct-12, 11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiezer

Hi all.  I see that imagebam is becoming a popular option for uploading pictures.  I have the McAfee Site Advisor installed and most of the time, it tells me there is dangerous behavior on the imagebam page and blocks the content, including the picture most of the time (dangerous behavior may mean links to known sites that install spayware, etc.).  I am wondering if anyone has experienced anything negative as a result of visiting that site.  The Site Advisor is usually very good about protecting me from unsavory sites.
  •  

Matey

Some antimalware/antivirus software can be overly aggressive in their search for suspicious code etc. I'm not sure if there any problems with imagebam. McAfee Site Advisor online check come back OK:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/imagebam.com

Some sites may have some questionable ads that could possibly be malicious. I haven't caught anything from imagebam myself yet.

I can really recommend adding AdBlock to your browser. It kills most of ads anywhere and makes your internet browsing experience much more pleasant  ;)
  •  

RBAP

The main problem with Imagebam are the pop ups. Most times, to access a picture you end up with a new window for a betting or sex site.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: RBAP on 19-Oct-12, 02:25 PM
The main problem with Imagebam are the pop ups. Most times, to access a picture you end up with a new window for a betting or sex site.

I think in fairness, it's not too bad for a single quick click like imagebam. Most Adult forums use external hosts. It becomes more of a problem with sites which use Linkbucks, or Adfly, (sometimes in combination) which can amount to a 13-second wait. Then even after clicking, it takes a long time to connect.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

Matey

We can experiment between the 4 recommended image hosts (imagevenue.com, imagebam.com, imgur.com, postimage.org) which one has currently the least amount of obtrusive ads  ;)
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Just using my imagebam tutorial images as a test:

http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=71.0

I had zero pop-ups and went straight to the images.

Everybody feel free to try it and report back your experience  :)
  •  

Matey

PS if my pictures don't contain any nudity (just sexy bikini bodies like my 'thick&curvy' topic for example), I always choose "Family safe" and not "Adult" category in their upload page.. seems to add a lot less ads
  •  

Matey

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 19-Oct-12, 04:56 PM

If I turn AdBlock off in my browser, I get one ad above and one ad below the uploaded picture.. not bad. with AdBlock on as I normally keep it, no ads at all
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Marty on 19-Oct-12, 05:03 PM
Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 19-Oct-12, 04:56 PM

If I turn AdBlock off in my browser, I get one ad above and one ad below the uploaded picture.. not bad. with AdBlock on as I normally keep it, no ads at all

Sorry, you're correct re the ads, I meant there are no pop-ups which you have to click, in order to see the image (livejasmine etc.)

IMHO, ads around the image aren't a problem. If it's a large image, you can click it for fullsize and if you really like it, you can download it.
  •  

rassleme

I've had a free account with imagebam for years, never had a problem with it.  I'm using Symantec rather than McAfee.  No issue or notices from Symantec.  Ive used other anti-virus programs over the years and none have given me a problem with imagebam.  I don't get any pop-ups either.
  •