News:

Guests cannot see the Video section at all - create an account!

Main Menu

Allowed Filehosts

Started by Zeus, 17-Oct-12, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matey

Added Mega (the new Megaupload) to the allowed list.

• Fast speeds even for free users, no captchas, no waiting.

Notes:

If you're having problems using it with Firefox, use this extension.

If you're having problems using it with Internet Explorer, update to version 10.

Chrome works out of the box.
  •  

rassleme

I'm not sold on the new mega.  Sure I've had fast speeds, I've also experienced just as often slow speeds and frequently have it lock up on download and upload so I end up having to close out and start all over again.  It' snot enough to convince me to change over.

Chrome was nothing but problems so I uninstalled it and don't plan on re-installing it.  I didn't find anything unique enough or performace-wise about it to abandon Firefox and IE.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

• no waiting times
  • no captchas
  • 2-3 MB/s upload and download speed

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

rassleme

Slow downloads and uploads

Freezing up during uploads and downloads.

•  

Ronald_Frump

I'm experimenting with mirrorcreator.com as it includes hotfile, which is already approved. 400Mb maximum, but that's okay for smaller files. It might offer a better choice for international members, depending on their global location?

Let me know what you think.

:TY:
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 18-May-13, 02:14 PM

Let me know what you think.

:TY:

If anyone cares to d/l my latest contributions, I would welcome your views on the various filehosts, as I can modify them, accordingly:

Mixed Wrestling

http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=30.msg10613#msg10613

Female Wrestling

http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=29.msg10618#msg10618

It might be worth trying these:

No captch/no waiting time

solidfiles, sendmyway, gamefront (5 second wait), 1fichier, hipfile (choose free-download at the bottom of the page, then close the pop-up ad).

Happy downloading....  ;D
  •  

crushed4life

1fichier is very fast....hipfile is confusing and not so fast...ever try putlocker? extremely fast downloading AND uploading

I don't know how long these filehosts retain a file in storage though, that's an important consideration, IMO
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: crushed4life on 28-May-13, 12:33 PM
1fichier is very fast....hipfile is confusing and not so fast...ever try putlocker? extremely fast downloading AND uploading

I don't know how long these filehosts retain a file in storage though, that's an important consideration, IMO

That's why I always include a hotfile link. I've set it so it goes into my free (but registered) account. That's the one for longevity. The others are merely convenience ones, as most members will download within the first week or so.

I would have to register with putlocker, as it's in the same category as hotfile: you have to hold an account with them, before you can add it to the mirror links. Have you tried solidfiles and sendmyway?
  •  

RBAP

Don't like mirrorcreator.com.
The amount of pop-ups is staggering. Hotfile is the only reliable host and if you use it by itself you save the pop-ups.
Anyway, Depositfiles, Rapidgator, Mediafire, and the new Mega are all better.
Still, your files, your host, man  8)
  •  

crushed4life

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 28-May-13, 12:45 PM
Quote from: crushed4life on 28-May-13, 12:33 PM

That's why I always include a hotfile link. I've set it so it goes into my free (but registered) account. That's the one for longevity. The others are merely convenience ones, as most members will download within the first week or so.

I would have to register with putlocker, as it's in the same category as hotfile: you have to hold an account with them, before you can add it to the mirror links. Have you tried solidfiles and sendmyway?

I think I've downloaded from solidfiles...maybe that's a superfast filehost too??...I've downloaded from sendmyway before, but another forum has banned them for some reason  ??
Very often I use jdownloader, it can get the links from a mirrorcreator link and download files without getting all the nasty popups and avoid the maze of download buttons that try to get you to install some piece of software you don't want by trickery. But it doesn't always work on all sites, they're always trying to foil jdownloader, but most of the time it works brilliantly. I especially like how it can be set to shut down the computer after a download finishes, very useful for those huge files only downloading at 50kbps! Its automatic decrypter (for captchas) has never worked for me though, you still have to type them out.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

I registered with putlocker, but it wouldn't accept my uploads, either directly, or via mirrorcreator......  :-\
  •  

voayer

Never had bad experiences with http://www.uploadable.ch
OK, it is capcha and waiting time (30 sec), but speed is decent. Somewhere around 200 kB/s. For free users of course.
Just today i downloaded 3 files in the row. Without waiting between downloads. But probably is some daily limit...didn't read TOS.
But is also true....i used this server for downloading only. Never uploaded anything on this server....yet.
Bitshare is also decent for downloading, but i remember this server once rejected my file several times...then i stop trying.
And frankly...i really don't know what rapidgator is still doing here. One of the slowest and worst servers ever.
  •  

squeezeme2

I agree RG is the worst by far.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Most uploaders here don't use RG exclusively. They normally include one or more alternative hosts. I trialled bitshare previously, but it's not suitable for all global locations.

The "worst" most frequently used one on the net is k2s IMO.
  •  

Matey

You only need 2 premium accounts here on the SQ: Depositfiles and Rapidgator. Depositfiles is preferred; some have trouble or reasons to use Rapidgator instead.

Mega and Mediafire are the other 2 good&free alternatives.

Among those 4, each uploader is free to choose his favourite(s) that works best for him.
  •