News:

No underage material allowed - please keep all posts 18yr+.

Main Menu

Official UFC 170 "Rousey vs McMann" thread

Started by lucad, 30-Dec-13, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: ivyhill on 23-Feb-14, 12:46 AM
Is Ronda that good? I am starting to think so.

Only one match will answer that question for the fans - Latest from Cyborg:

"In reference to Ronda's statement that I am looking for a payday so that I can retire, you're right, I am looking for a payday to retire you like I did Gina Carano. But to show it's not only about money, I challenge you to a fight – winner takes all.  Or better yet let's fight for FREE. ANYTIME! ANYWHERE! Ask your daddy Dana to make it happen.

My English is not that great, so sorry if I was misunderstood. I didn't literally mean I would die if I made 135. What I meant was that my doctor recommended that I did not fight the rest of my career at 135, which is what the UFC wanted.

You have fought 154 in the Olympics and 145 in MMA. You can meet me at 140 easier than for me to go down to 135. The only reason you want the fight at 135 is because you feel that is your only chance because you hope the weight cut will affect me. You guys say I'm irrelevant, yet watch my highlights. The true MMA fans not only know me, but know I'm the best. Sad that you give the true MMA fans no recognition by saying that they don't matter.
I'm currently training to fight at 145 on March 28 and in early May. My team has hired a medical doctor to help me make 135. I plan to challenge and win the Invicta 135 Championship in the summer and challenge you, champion to champion, for your 135 belt in December.

Now I know critics will say "I thought you said you would die if you made 135." All I'm promising is that I will give 100 percent to try to get to 135 to make this plan happen. If I do, I will still listen to my doctor's advice and fight no more than three times at 135: first to win the Invicta belt, the second time to kick your ass and the third time to kick your ass again so that the world can see it wasn't luck. You can even have me tested every week up to the fight. That way you will not have an excuse after I kick your ass."

Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

Ronald_Frump

EPIC "BOO" MAN - FULL UNEDITED (the G.O.A.T. "booer" - remastered)

•  

RBAP

Quote from: Stewie_Griffin on 23-Feb-14, 08:37 AM
Quote from: ivyhill on 23-Feb-14, 12:46 AM
Is Ronda that good? I am starting to think so.

Only one match will answer that question for the fans - Latest from Cyborg:

I agree with Stewie. Rousey should fight Cyborg, with proper substance control  :Pol:
Some pics of the champ in action.

•  

Ronald_Frump

Apparently, this shot of four divas may contain the first unconfirmed sighting of "Boo-Man" (center-arms folded)

Samples of DNA taken from Boo-Man's beer glass have yielded results indicating 3 separate species, which contribute to the vocalization of the actual "boo"......

•  

lucad

Omg guys...Im still recovering from this fight, I felt terrible when it was stopped so fuckin' soon...I felt like a little kid whose Christmas present was stolen!
That was the biggest disappointment since I watch MMA. That fight was so promising, and I still believe it could be competitive. Liver shots are cheap imo, because you have to hit exactly that point on the body to have that effect, so a lot of luck is involved (not much of skill or talent)...Then Herb Dean did the rest (Dear Herb please take a break and go home, you're clearly in a state of confusion).

That being said, it was just one minute, and whatever happened in that minute doesn't mean a lot imo, but Ronda confirmed that she is mentally superior, she had that killer instict of hers, that incredible pace from the beginning. Sara was way too relaxed in the clinch. I don't think she was mentally prepared to that kind of battle, she was there thinking this was going to the distance anyway.

Sadly I don't think right now a strong point for a rematch could be made. But Im still not convinced Sara is so bad. On the other hand now I'm convinced Ronda is very well rounded MMA fighter, with improving striking technique and, most of all, not so unable to absorb blows like I thoght she was (she ate 2 heavy punches in the first seconds and it didn't seem she felt them at all).

I'd love to see Sara earning another shot, it makes sense imo. It's so unfortunate for the UFC fans that this bout was so one sided, cause I still believe this matchup could bring a huge spectacular fight.
That's so fuckin sad  >:(
  •  

Ronald_Frump

But lucad, this is what we were saying - Sara does not have that killer instinct, she was scared to look at Ronda before the fight. By being so defensive and backed-up to the cage, if it hadn't have been a liver-shot, it would have been an uppercut, or hip-toss, or knee to the face. There are only two ways to deal with Ronda's bull rush:

• Meet her head-on with superior aggression (Cyborg)
  • Move about, maintaining distance with heavy kicks and jabs (Holly Holm)

Sara has NOTHING for Ronda, hence a rematch would go pretty much the same way IMHO. Cat has NOTHING for Ronda - she was dominated by Miesha for much of their match. Alexis Davis has NOTHING for Ronda - split decision over Eye? .....and all that time on the ground, she couldn't even sub her: so much for BJJ blackbelts compared to Judokas, lol!

I'd give Nunes a puncher's chance against Ronda and until the UFC is willing to sign other people, that's going to be as good as it gets.
  •  

lucad

I pretty  much agree with everything you said Stewie, except for:

- not looking your opponent in the face before the match doesn't mean anything imo; everybody is capable of staring into each other eyes, that doesn't make you a tough guy, actually I found the staredown scene quite original, and Sara looked super focused to me, its ridicolous thinking she was scared to meet Ronda's gaze, she deliberately chose not to do that, for whatever reason;

- Holly Holm (sadly) has NOTHING too, she can use those tactics for what (1 round?) and then, sooner or later in the fight, her arm is gonna be history;

- Sara McMann has SOMETHING instead imo: I still believe she is more powerful than Ronda. I know this is a bold statement after what we see, but the point is we didn't see anything at all, just ruthless aggression from Ronda in the first seconds of the fight when the fighters are fresh. Sara chose to be on the defensive end initially and was working (way too passively) to reverse the clinch. It was probably her gameplan, there's no clue she was overpowered by Ronda, actually at one point Ronda tried her usual throw and she didn't even move an inch. This kinda confirm what we tought about Sara's ability to defend takedowns.
In other words, Sara has 100% takedown defense in her short MMA career, I think she has more than any other girl (even Cyborg) to face Ronda: she can prevent going on the ground against Ronda, or she can go on the ground on her terms. No other girl can say that. Then if you think now Ronda is an unstoppable force even on her feet, you're right, Sara has nothing like you said. But I can't believe now Ronda has become the best striker ever all of the sudden.

- last thing: if you throw out there the name of Holly Holm, it would be way better multiple Muay Thai world-champ Miriam Nakamoto....never seen more vicious knees from the clinch (Muay style) than hers. Unfortunately against Ronda she would have the same little problem as Holm and all the other girls in MMA...stay on the feet! And she blew her knee out a few months ago (and being 36 I don't even know if we'll ever see her again fighting). That' so fuckin unfair!!!     :'( :'( :'( :'(
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: lucad on 25-Feb-14, 06:31 PM
I pretty  much agree with everything you said Stewie, except for:

- not looking your opponent in the face before the match doesn't mean anything imo; everybody is capable of staring into each other eyes, that doesn't make you a tough guy, actually I found the staredown scene quite original, and Sara looked super focused to me, its ridicolous thinking she was scared to meet Ronda's gaze, she deliberately chose not to do that, for whatever reason;

- Holly Holm (sadly) has NOTHING too, she can use those tactics for what (1 round?) and then, sooner or later in the fight, her arm is gonna be history;

- Sara McMann has SOMETHING instead imo: I still believe she is more powerful than Ronda. I know this is a bold statement after what we see, but the point is we didn't see anything at all, just ruthless aggression from Ronda in the first seconds of the fight when the fighters are fresh. Sara chose to be on the defensive end initially and was working (way too passively) to reverse the clinch. It was probably her gameplan, there's no clue she was overpowered by Ronda, actually at one point Ronda tried her usual throw and she didn't even move an inch. This kinda confirm what we tought about Sara's ability to defend takedowns.
In other words, Sara has 100% takedown defense in her short MMA career, I think she has more than any other girl (even Cyborg) to face Ronda: she can prevent going on the ground against Ronda, or she can go on the ground on her terms. No other girl can say that. Then if you think now Ronda is an unstoppable force even on her feet, you're right, Sara has nothing like you said. But I can't believe now Ronda has become the best striker ever all of the sudden.

Sara is incapable of responding to such aggression - I don't think she can adapt to the sort of grappler/striker that Ronda is becoming and unfortunately, she is a slower learner than Ronda. In any future event, Rousey will always be ahead, mentally and tactically.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

In The Ring With Ronda Rousey

youtuber comments:

"even if you dont want. she will make you her bitch....."

.....and the reply:

"I would bury my dick so far in her ass whoever pulled it out would be crowned King Arthur!"

•  

lucad

•  

sammy_scuffles

It's unfortunate that the outcome of this match is mostly going to be regarded as a piss-poor effort from McMann rather than an impressive showing from Rousey. Obviously you can't ask much more from Rousey but you can't get stopped by one knee from the clinch like that, that's soft.

It's a fast stoppage, but I don't really have that much issue with it. A fighter just drops like that and 99% of the time they've had enough.

It's hard to know what to do with McMann after that one too. She's a difficult one to deal with because her wrestling is good enough that she can snuff most challengers at 135 with grinding wins off takedowns.

Anyway, I guess we probably get Davis, then Zingano if she makes it back from her knee injuries and personal issues while we see if Cyborg really can make 135.
  •