News:

Both female (F-F) and mixed (F-M) wrestling related material is welcomed.

Main Menu

Trouler's mixed renders

Started by trouler, 02-Mar-18, 07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trouler

Hi!

So, I got a little inspired by wrestling_pi's rendered catfights and decided to start experimenting with the art myself. I cursed a lot and had many erased tests before finally arriving at the render I showcase in this post. It is a simple front facesit knockout finish from an amateur mixed apartment wrestling match. Please keep mind that I am a novice and went by daz3d's in-software tutorials and don't have that many fancy models and props to work with. All feedback is welcome :)
  •  

dark87dan

Hey, good start. Looks like you have the feel for it and I've heard it can take a lot of practice.  Maybe the girls skin should be a little lighter so we can see more detail but poses look great.  Thanks for sharing.
  •  

trouler

Indeed, the skin got a bit dark. I imagine it's something I should be able to change. I have since learned how to test render to check and modify before rendering the final scene. Thank you for the feedback!
  •  

trouler

So, these pictures are from the same fight as the first one. I wanted to try do show some of the action which lead up to the first picture. These renders are from the same scene, but different point of views. This time I've rendered them in a higher resolution, and I have noticed some minor faults of my work on the poses. Parts of the models are hovering above the mat and some clipping where the models melt into each other. This is naturally things I am going to be improving as I develop my understanding of morphing and who knows what that I am yet to encounter.

Edit: had to put the two pictures on mega.
https://mega.nz/#F!MGwz1ZQY!NBlVAk9hb26TEWIatyREmg
  •  

wrestling_pi

Nice, this is the FM Fight club indoor area - I never could get the lights how I want for indoor spaces in Daz3d yet.  It was a pain in Poser as well, but just seems like lots of time needed to be spent learning the lights that I just couldn't find a decent starter set to help guide me through it.
  •  

trouler

Well, I just added a whole lot of distant lights, one for each plane in the room I think. I also added a spotlight, but I went a little overboard trying to figure it out. Apparently, the room comes with a set of lights and cameras which are switched off in, eye icon shut, when loading the environment. They do, however, show up in the renders. I still don't really know what I am doing. My current level is that of trying to get models not to float in thin air or clip unplanned into other figures of obstacles. Advanced camera, texture, lightning and render settings is way ahead of me. I have experienced a little bit with render settings trying to get iray renders to render faster without loosing much of the quality. Although, this last set is 1x1 899x899 pixels with the majority of the renders having a render max samples of 5000. Some of them have only 2000, but the quality didn't degrade too much. I am probably going to render some widescreen pictures later on, when I have some experience.

I bought the poses as well, they have been really helpful in finding nice positions a little bit quicker.
  •  

trouler

A little camelclutching. Seems to hurt...

[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3][attach=4]
  •  

dark87dan

Great progression of facial expressions on the camel clutch series.
  •  

trouler

Thank you! I much appreciate the feedback.
  •  

dark87dan

Good work, still too dark for my taste.
  •  

trouler

Indeed. I believe I need to watch more tutorials on setting the lighting. Right now it gets dark even though I added multiple lightsources of different directions. From what I learn it could be because of the indoor setting.
  •  

trouler

So, here's some new pictures featuring a tall woman, who uses her reach and the strength that comes from her mass to literally break her poor male opponent. I found a way to make my pictures brighter by editing them after rendering. However, my current GPU wasn't planned on making renders, so there are some grainy spots. Enjoy, I know I did while I was making it.
  •  

morgane01

Fantastic Trouler. Thank you.
  •  

dark87dan

Hi trouler, much better on the lighting.  I like to see the characters.  And one of my favorite submission holds, the Torture Rack!  Keep up the good work.  I don't have an artistic bone in my body, otherwise I would try to create some wrestling art too.  Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
  •