News:

No underage material allowed - please keep all posts 18yr+.

Main Menu

Ronda Rousey: I'd Beat Floyd Mayweather in an MMA Bout

Started by Ronald_Frump, 07-Mar-14, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win and how?

Mayweather by KO
Rousey by armbar

frankyb

This is nonsense. Floyd would destroy her. He's the best fighter in the world, he's a pure gym rat, boxing since he was 4 yrs old. Olympian, champion at 21, and thereafter for 15 years running. This is ludicrous. She is outclassed in size, strength, speed, RING SMARTS, timing, accuracy.
The only way she wins is if the fight starts with Floyd in an armbar.
She has to get close to win. He just needs one punch to end it. And with the smaller gloves he'll hit even faster and harder. Floyd backs up 150-160lbs guys with his jab. Anything he throws she's going down.
I get it, boxers are at a huge disadvantage in mma and vice versa. But we're talking about an unproven female mma fighter with the best boxer in the world.
  •  

uboat

I think the point is the technique, MMA, judo, wrestling are "slow" fight training. You focus strength and resistance on those "martial arts", while you train high speed at box. When I watch a box training I'm stoned with the speed of the punches and defense in a box fight, you can't fight a top boxer with those techniques...actually I think you don't even see it coming!
  •  

femfists

•  

ivyhill

•  

MixedFighter41

It was always a moot point at least in terms of a fight allowing striking. And in that regard, Floyd or any other fighter would flatten Ronda or Holly as well. But if it was a strict grappling contest, then it still be a different story. Ronda would take Floyd's arm home as a trophy.
  •  

jon snow

Have to agree with Stewie Grifin here. Just watch any of the graciefights videos on YouTube, it is always possible to close the distance and get into a clinch no matter how skillful the striker is. Heck just watch a Mayweather fight, most exchanges end up in some sort of clinch without either boxer landing a significant blow, let alone a knockout one. Mayweather would have to develop takedown defense and clinch skills. Else he would get taken down and wrecked on the ground, just like pretty much every pure striker who has ever gone up against an mma fighter.
  •  

ivyhill

Quote from: jon snow on 30-Dec-15, 02:08 PM
Have to agree with Stewie Grifin here. Just watch any of the graciefights videos on YouTube, it is always possible to close the distance and get into a clinch no matter how skillful the striker is. Heck just watch a Mayweather fight, most exchanges end up in some sort of clinch without either boxer landing a significant blow, let alone a knockout one. Mayweather would have to develop takedown defense and clinch skills. Else he would get taken down and wrecked on the ground, just like pretty much every pure striker who has ever gone up against an mma fighter.
Mayweather needs no other skills to fucking destroy Ronda. Holly hit Ronda almost everytime she tried to come in for the clinch using her boxing skills first. Now imagine Mayweather popping her with 3 times the force as Holly did.
I can't believe anyone would even entertain the thought of Ronda having a chance after seeing Holly make Ronda look like she was fighting in a Golden Gloves Tournament.
Your fetish for fighting Women has you clearly delusional.
  •  

jon snow

Quote from: ivyhill on 30-Dec-15, 03:59 PM
Quote from: jon snow on 30-Dec-15, 02:08 PM
Mayweather needs no other skills to fucking destroy Ronda. Holly hit Ronda almost everytime she tried to come in for the clinch using her boxing skills first. Now imagine Mayweather popping her with 3 times the force as Holly did.
I can't believe anyone would even entertain the thought of Ronda having a chance after seeing Holly make Ronda look like she was fighting in a Golden Gloves Tournament.
Your fetish for fighting Women has you clearly delusional.

No, I've just watch a lot of boxers/pure strikers with no ability to either stop takedowns or fight in a Muai Thai clinch or fight on the ground try and take on MMA fighters and get absolutely wrecked. Holly can do all those things extremely well and there is absolutely no reason to think Mayweather can. He would just be like James Toni against Randy Couture or the early UFC guys against Royce. Obviously if he dedicated himself he could acquire the skills required to destroy Ronda but if they were to fight with only he few weeks notice he would lose. 
  •  

wrespet

Question is not  can mayweather defend take downs, but can rousey defend his punches. she was terrible against even holm's punches. she made her self a clown against holm's movements. mayweather's would be lot more quicker and his movements would be lot more better.

•