News:

If you see missing images in posts, we lost about 100k of 'em in 03/2022.

Main Menu

User suggestions or complaints

Started by Zeus, 19-Oct-12, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llordzzx

on the karma message option, is it possible to have two buttons 1 that gives karma with default message, "thank you" and another where you can write a message?

another idea related to karma, and this may not be possible, but to limit karma giving to say like 10 karma every 5 minutes or something, instead of 1 karma every 30 seconds, this makes it much less annoying if you're like me and down load a few videos you like from a thread, then want to go and give 5 karma to that person for your 5 videos, but find you have to keep waiting between giving karma.. i feel this would be a good option for letting people give a few karma quickly, but stop people from abusing the karma system still.

personally when i first joined the forum i must of downloaded like 50 videos or more in first week, but never gave a single karma for any of them, but then after i decided i wanted to be a bit more active with the forum, so would give karma for videos, and try to go back and give people karma i owed, but sadly found that was very tedious waiting like 20seconds or something between karmas, then having to repeat the same message... i quickly got bored.

also thank you for showing where ignore button is :)

edit: also if you removed the requirement to right a message for karama people can allways right a message on the thread to say thanks if they really want to. looking through some of the older parts of the forum, it seemed to happen a lot? i can see it added to clutter, but didn't seem to bad to me.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: llordzzx on 07-May-15, 03:30 PM

edit: also if you removed the requirement to right a message for karama people can allways right a message on the thread to say thanks if they really want to. looking through some of the older parts of the forum, it seemed to happen a lot? i can see it added to clutter, but didn't seem to bad to me.

Actually, the clutter was bad and would be worse now that the membership is increasing. You might theoretically have a ratio of 10 to 1 "thank you" replies to "download posts" which would make browsing a thread tedious, to say the least. Whether or not a "karma message" should be a prerequisite to giving karma, is open to debate.
Use 7z / WinRAR - Password: VictoryIsMine!
  •  

femfightwatcher

As long as this thread has reared its head again, a couple of the most inconsequential nits here.  First, please consider requiring that previews be attachments rather than hosted externally.  They're just as easy to post and much easier to view.

Second, I like the idea of the most recent forum images, but my ahem middle aged eyes can't always see them.  When I left click it brings me into the thread rather than blowing up the image so I can see whether I want to go to the thread at all (i.e., mixed vs. F/F).

Re: karma, I have no problem sending a brief message; it's the least I can do.  But let me mention one limitation of the karma system: it measures numbers, not intensity.  I just got around to watching one match that was amazing in both the quality of the girls and the quality of the video (let's face it, there are some women to whom a hi-def camera is no friend).  For the best contributions I like to post a message in the thread (in addition to karma), but it seems people here find that distracting.
  •  

femwars

Just touching on the karma thing, can i ask a little advice please? Am i correct in thinking that the general concensus is when leaving karma is to also leave a personalised message regarding the karma? Personally when i have left karma for someone i tend to merely say 'thankyou' in the message. Would people prefer a bit more detail when im leaving my thanks? Apologies if i haven't been doing that ( i haven't ), i have only been saying thankyou. Me personally, i don't need a specific message relating to a specific download when people leave me karma...but that's just me. If i really need to know what karma has been left for, i just click on the 'in topic' bit and see which post is brought up.
  •  

llordzzx

second idea for the karma thing then, i know a lot of forums have the ability to comment on a post, so basically you have the posts exactly how they are now, but at the bottom there will be like coments (10) then you click on it and it expands all comments on the post. so that way its all nice and compact still, but if people want to read comments they can do by expanding them out.
then have the karma just as a simple click thank you button.

as i say i do not know if this is possible though, but if it is would be nice idea.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: femfightwatcher on 07-May-15, 05:49 PM
Re: karma, I have no problem sending a brief message; it's the least I can do.  But let me mention one limitation of the karma system: it measures numbers, not intensity.  I just got around to watching one match that was amazing in both the quality of the girls and the quality of the video (let's face it, there are some women to whom a hi-def camera is no friend).  For the best contributions I like to post a message in the thread (in addition to karma), but it seems people here find that distracting.

A suggestion might be to write a suitable karma comment eg. "Freakin' AWESOME, dude!" and suppliment it by giving them 2 or 3 karma, for that particular post.

Quote from: llordzzx on 08-May-15, 09:01 PM
second idea for the karma thing then, i know a lot of forums have the ability to comment on a post, so basically you have the posts exactly how they are now, but at the bottom there will be like coments (10) then you click on it and it expands all comments on the post. so that way its all nice and compact still, but if people want to read comments they can do by expanding them out.
then have the karma just as a simple click thank you button.

as i say i do not know if this is possible though, but if it is would be nice idea.

There are limited apps for the SMF Software Package that we run. So unless the other forums you refer to, are running the same platform, it's unlikely that those features would be available. We certainly didn't come across anything better, at the last revamp.
  •  

llordzzx

ok, thanks for the info stewie :) sadly i have no clue about software and how to make stuff work.
and not sure if i described my idea very well.

is it possible to have it so there is a default message already typed in the karma box for everyone, then its there option to edit it?
or maybe an option in your profile page to set default karma message..

but for me personally biggest thing would be to find a way of lowering wait between karama, giving, as if your not organised enough to download video, while its downloading give person karma, then go and look at next video ect it annoying to give.
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Quote from: llordzzx on 09-May-15, 02:51 PM
ok, thanks for the info stewie :) sadly i have no clue about software and how to make stuff work.
and not sure if i described my idea very well.

I understand what you're saying and have seen those features on other forums. If we could do it, we would.

Quote from: llordzzx on 09-May-15, 02:51 PM
is it possible to have it so there is a default message already typed in the karma box for everyone, then its there option to edit it?
or maybe an option in your profile page to set default karma message..

but for me personally biggest thing would be to find a way of lowering wait between karama, giving, as if your not organised enough to download video, while its downloading give person karma, then go and look at next video ect it annoying to give.

That's a question for the Admin.
  •  

llordzzx

stewie why aren't you a mod or something? you seem like the most helpful active member of this forum.

^can call that a suggestion so its still on topic.
  •  

femwars

Agreed. Stewie is awesome. Imo, best person here for help/advice/queries and general all round awesomeness ;)
  •  

Matey

The karma system we use is the best one for our specific forum software. We tried several others before, each has its pros and cons, neither one is perfect. The one we have now has even been further modified to our needs which took a lot of time. Since we are involved with the one we use, we can't switch to another system without losing all of the current karma history that everyone has.

Giving it a default karma message is not something we have time to tackle, as it's not just something you can just turn on in the admin menu; it would take a lot of manual modding again. However if you don't want to type in karma message, you can just hit space bar and it should take just an empty message.

Karma wait time has been lowered to its minimum (30sec iirc). We could remove the wait altogether, but then it's open to karma whoring which we would have to police for. Again, a compromise we made was to make it as usable as possible, without much of other possibly bad side effects.

Clicking the most recent forum images to blow 'em instead of being taken to the forum post.. that was the default function which we modified to do who it does now :Pol: I think it's more useful to be taken to the 'action' directly, where you can still choose to blow up 'em if need to.

Stewie was offered mod function multiple times; he enjoys the forum more without having been assigned an official function. Smart man ;D
  •  

Ronald_Frump

Guys, think of it like this: you see something cool on your friend's Apple iMac. You would like the same feature, but you're running Windows 8 on a PC. They're two different operating systems - each has it's own merits and there may be similarities, but you can't just download a Windows app and run it on a Mac (& vice versa). They're incompatible. Simulators/emulators are being developed for computer/mobile device os compatibility, but fetish forum technology is way behind..... ;D 
  •  

ivyhill

•  

hate1991

i have a suggestion: a HQ preview thread

a stick thred in the open setcion, which from time to time gets updated with some of the latest preview pics (from allowed hosts) that have been shared in the vip section.

it can increase the motivation of all users to get approves.
another advantage:
if a new member is into buying new clips and sharing them for becoming HQ member- he will buy something is tottally new- which is good for him and for us. that also will improve the chances that a HQ video will not reposted in the open section.

... what do u think?
dont be lazy, give thanks if u like =]
  •  

ivyhill

Quote from: karo70bogy on 26-May-15, 11:44 AM
Quote from: hate1991 on 26-May-15, 11:30 AM
i have a suggestion: a HQ preview thread

a stick thred in the open setcion, which from time to time gets updated with some of the latest preview pics (from allowed hosts) that have been shared in the vip section.

it can increase the motivation of all users to get approves.
another advantage:
if a new member is into buying new clips and sharing them for becoming HQ member- he will buy something is tottally new- which is good for him and for us. that also will improve the chances that a HQ video will not reposted in the open section.

... what do u think?
@hate1991
pm sent :Pol:
Top secret?
  •