News:

Guests cannot see the Video section at all - create an account!

Main Menu

User suggestions or complaints

Started by Zeus, 19-Oct-12, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bostoncrab52

Quote from: desertgoodguy on 24-Oct-12, 09:10 AM
I would like to make a suggestion

Whil there are a whole lot of variances with respect to mixed wrestling, perhaps we could set up a sub section that is set aside so that members can share stories about wrestling with their wives or GF's

That is my main area of interest

Just a thought
with relevant pictures i hope
  •  

vayeate

Would it be possible to add the 'attachment' dialog on the 'Quick Reply' dialog? When I post a new video, I usually just quote an old post to keep the formatting I want, and replace the relevant information with the new information. With the change to 'Quick Reply' I don't have the option to upload the preview picture in the same step, so now I post the reply and then modify it to upload the attachment.

Minor inconvenience, but if it's a simple fix I'd appreciate it.
  •  

Zeus

I actually tried adding that before, unfortunately it's not as simple as transplanting the code from the regular reply dialogue over to the quick reply box ;)
You can however hit the "Preview" and add your attachments there before posting (although your way accomplishes the same thing).
  •  

imafire

i have a couple of notes that are not intended as complaints so much as respectful, constructive criticism, and i hope its perceived that way.

this mainly revolves around things i think potentially confuse newcomers. ive seen a few members banned or have their posts deleted over what seemed to me to be things lost in translation. one example would be recently when a member was asked if his videos were "original" and he replied that none of them were original. im guessing here, and its not my job to do so, but i suspected that the member took "original" to mean videos he himself had produced. im not at all saying new members shouldnt be bothered to read the rules before they begin posting, i certainly did, but i am suggesting many newcomers seem to be lacking internet/forum literacy, and are non native english speakers, and i think that should (continue to) be taken into consideration.

the other is that i do not seem to see posting rules universally applied. i certainly dont mean to tattle on anyone or bust any balls, far from it, but i have seen multiple posts by senior members without any video info whatsoever. i also assume they arent stupid, and have their reasons for not posting said info, but they are in charge of correcting the new members and their posts are examples of how to post. again, not so much a complaint, as i assume im probably ignorant of something here, didnt write nor do i enforce the rules, but as a regular member i find this confusing and i can only assume newcomers do as well.
  •  

ivyhill

Quote from: imafire on 27-Nov-14, 05:12 PM
i have a couple of notes that are not intended as complaints so much as respectful, constructive criticism, and i hope its perceived that way.

this mainly revolves around things i think potentially confuse newcomers. ive seen a few members banned or have their posts deleted over what seemed to me to be things lost in translation. one example would be recently when a member was asked if his videos were "original" and he replied that none of them were original. im guessing here, and its not my job to do so, but i suspected that the member took "original" to mean videos he himself had produced. im not at all saying new members shouldnt be bothered to read the rules before they begin posting, i certainly did, but i am suggesting many newcomers seem to be lacking internet/forum literacy, and are non native english speakers, and i think that should (continue to) be taken into consideration.

the other is that i do not seem to see posting rules universally applied. i certainly dont mean to tattle on anyone or bust any balls, far from it, but i have seen multiple posts by senior members without any video info whatsoever. i also assume they arent stupid, and have their reasons for not posting said info, but they are in charge of correcting the new members and their posts are examples of how to post. again, not so much a complaint, as i assume im probably ignorant of something here, didnt write nor do i enforce the rules, but as a regular member i find this confusing and i can only assume newcomers do as well.
In answer to your first note -
The member in question knew exactly what I was talking about when asked if the vids were originals or not. Unless you have some inside information you would like to share, please do not assume anything. Also, his posts were not deleted, they were moved to the streaming section where all streaming and conversion material belongs.

In answer to your second note -
We are working on it!!!
  •  

imafire

k, didnt mean to be presumptious or sound all knowing, was just a suggestion. i certainly assume you guys know what youre doing.
  •  

Matey

im not at all saying new members shouldnt be bothered to read the rules before they begin posting, i certainly did, but i am suggesting many newcomers seem to be lacking internet/forum literacy, and are non native english speakers, and i think that should (continue to) be taken into consideration.
I agree with this, some people are brand-new to forums in general and also come from non-english speaking countries, so it's harder for 'em to understand how things work here. We discussed this before with other mods.
In ideal world, we the mods would have unlimited time to patiently explain everything to everyone until they understand it clearly. However we're all busy, and it gets hard to differentiate between these members and those who just don't care to follow any rules or don't bother reading 'em at all.
We do our best with the time we have. I realize sometimes it may come across as being too harsh or unfriendly, but this is really mostly due to lack of our time. I'm trying to be as friendly as I can with everyone, even when something they posted is all wrong. I just hope you can see things from both sides  ;)
We have also added a PM that gets sent to all freshly registered members with a message to remind 'em to go read our forum rules first before posting.

Continuing with my thoughts above and replying to this... Until recently, we wanted everything to be neatly organized, categorized, etc., thus requiring for all video posts for example to have all the info filled in as previously stated in our forum rules. However, since it takes so much time to police and check validity of everyone's posts against such rules, we have decided to ease up the stringent requirements.
All that is required now for your video posts is a good thumbnail preview (preferably; or a couple single image previews at least instead). So what you see now with some senior members already is 'em taking advantage of our updated easier-to-follow posting rules  ;)
  •  

imafire

ah okay, makes sense to me. to reiterate, i wasnt so much criticizing policing, or the posters no longer posting info; i DID figure there was something to it. looks like that was just me missing out on the updated rules :). also makes sense to me because ive seen some members have trouble with the search function. ill personally probably continue to use info when i post cause id hate to see the search function become obsolete, its certainly useful. anyway, appreciate your response.
  •  

spiezer

Quote from: Matey on 28-Nov-14, 07:00 AM
All that is required now for your video posts is a good thumbnail preview (preferably; or a couple single image previews at least instead). So what you see now with some senior members already is 'em taking advantage of our updated easier-to-follow posting rules  ;)

Which, unfortunately, is going to make it nearly impossible to determine if there are duplicate uploads.  I understand we need to come to some type of compromise, but it has stung me before when taking the time to create an upload only to find out later it was a dupe.  Oh well, just thought I'd mention it.  ;)
  •  

llordzzx

this may sound lazy, but from only being here a month, i have found your karma sysem, where everytime i click to give karma, i have to go to another page, right the reason, i gave it in the box, press the give karma button. i know it only takes 10 seconds overall to give karma, but if i downloaded like as you do a brand new member 10 videos from one thread, then your like i want to karama each video, it takes a loong time.
id prefer to have maybe a default karma giving message you can set in your profile page, then an option of just clicking, where it adds default message + karama, without ever leaving the page, and would only take 1 click and half a second of time.
and i personally feel like i owe a few people quite a bit of karma from videos i downloaded, but the thought, of going to there threads, and going down each page and typing awesome video thanks 100 times, does put me off.

sorry if that was long or badly written, just a suggestion to make it a little easier to give karma.
  •  

Fresh P

Is there anyway to block someone from sending you PM's? I know it's unlikely but I thought i'd ask. There has been a spike in PM's from leechers, gets on my nerves.
My video links will be removed after 30 days
  •  

RBAP

Quote from: Fresh P on 12-Apr-15, 01:28 PM
Is there anyway to block someone from sending you PM's? I know it's unlikely but I thought i'd ask. There has been a spike in PM's from leechers, gets on my nerves.

Welcome to the club.
  •  

Njordin

The only serious problem I can see is the search engine not returning all results. An example: if I search for the word "Sharon" on the HQ FEM board, I will get only two results (http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=1228.msg38683#msg38683  and  http://www.squeezequeens.com/index.php?topic=1694.msg38812#msg38812). However, there is definitely more "Sharon" in the HQ fem, as well as in the thread I got the results from. And this was just one example. I think that the forum's search engine needs to be looked at.
Dead link ? Message me.
  •  

llordzzx

would it be possible to add some kind of button like, an ignore button, that would 1) stop said person from viewing any of your posts. and 2) stop them from ever messaging you

just thought it would be nice idea, if like anybody had someone they don't like who they don't want to be downloading there videos, or if they want to stop someone who messages them for videos, or they think leeches from seeing there videos.
basically could be used to stop anyone, from seeing your posts that you don't want to for some reason, while at same time, can be used to block people who request videos, who you don't want to give them to?
  •  

Matey

Blocking someone from sending you PM's seems to be a common request.. try clicking Profile > Modify Profile > Ignore List ;)

--------

The fast-access search (up top the page on the right) works fine IMO, in that it returns all topics containing the searched-for keyword. Where its limitation seems to be is that it only shows the very last instance of the keyword in a particular topic (in case there are topics containing multiple mentions of the keyword). Not sure why it does that. To remedy that limitation, one needs to use the full-blown Search function in the top menu (between Rules & Profile), which seems to return ALL instances of the searched-for keyword inside a topic as separate hits (click on the option there to 'Show results as messages').

--------

The karma system we have is the best for our forum software, the only choice/option we discussed before is whether to require the quick thank-you message to accompany your karma or not. I think some contributions like to read the thank-you notes, it gives 'em that warm fuzzy feeling than to just receive a karma point :) On the other hand, some karma givers dislike to type in the reason for the karma all the time. I think we had a poll on which way to go. I'd be inclined to listen to the senior forum members more on the decision whether to skip the karma message or not.. we can still change that.
  •